Saturday, May 2, 2015

Stampin' Up! Butterfly Basics


I haven't been feeling very inspired lately, so I decided to try looking through my Stampin' Up! catalog for inspiration.  I loved the card on page 10 of the Occasions catalog and worked on making my own version of it.   I used some of the retiring in colors to play along with Fab Friday.   The Butterfly Basics set and Buterfly dies are so gorgeous!   I wasn't sure I could really use the big butterfly, but I love how it turned out on this card.  :)


The challenge is to use as many of the colors as you wish.  I used Pistachio Pudding and Baked Brown Sugar for my card.   


We had quite the bad adventure yesterday.   We tried to go to a new park to feed some turtles and ended up being swarmed by mosquitoes before we even go to the pond.   We quickly made our way back to the car and went to the duck pond to feed the ducks.   Those guys weren't hungry, so it was a bit of a letdown too.   Laila did insist on throwing some food to EVERY SINGLE DUCK of course.  We can't have anyone go hungry.  lol  


Seeing these sweet little guys made the trip out all worth it.  So much cuteness!

5 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad you were number 2 since I comment on even entries :-) So pretty! I totally wouldn't think to use green for a butterfly but it totally works! I'm guessing the mosquitos were about the size of that butterfly too? I'm dreading them here! Thanks for playing with us at Fab Fri and love ya ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! I think I like your version better, lol - I've done this myself, but not as beautifully as this - perfect details... Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty. I don't even like Pistachio Pudding but it looks really good with the newsprint and the Baked Brown Sugar. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful details! Love the linen threat around the long flag and the lightly stamped background! Gorgeous...certainly much better than mosquitos! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card!! Love the butterflies!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)