Wednesday, July 13, 2016

FMS 245 Lifesaver


Watch out!  I managed to get my card made on time AND my blog post all set to go on time.  I don't know what's going on, but let's hope this is a good start to getting back to normal.  :)   It's a new week at Freshly Made Sketches and we have a great new sketch from Jen M.   Now I normally avoid square cards, but I decided to behave this week and try one.  I found this neglected kit from Simon Says Stamp in my stash and thought it would be fun for the sketch.  I love the papers and the colors!  

I did make it a 4 1/4 sqaure so that it's easy to throw in a regular envelope.  I never the right stamps for square cards so I need my creations to work with normal regular price stamps.  :)   

Laila is having a blast at school.  I am so thankful that we finally found someone who knows how to work with kids like her.  Her behavior at home is even better thanks to what she's learning there.  It's mostly play right now, but learning to play independently and how to socialize are two things she needs more than anything.  She is starting to read a few words here and there, so maybe that will take off more as we get the other things established.  :)  

11 comments:

  1. I love the crisp colors you've used on this perfect card for Summer! And I love that sentiment! Glad to hear the new school situation is working so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that nautical look you have going on! Sweet card! And I am so glad Laila is loving school! She has the best smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is fabulous!! You really got the balance of colors down perfectly!! And the life saver combined with the sentiment is awesome!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous nautical card! The life saver with all the white space around it really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Rita ! you did great job with this fabulous Sketch ! Love this clean nautical inspiration !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad Laila is enjoying school - and that it gave you some time to create! I love what you did! The little lifesaver really pops on all of that white space and is just perfect with the striped paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nautical colors are so awesome! I love the stripes with the life preserver. This is so awesome - maybe square cards are your thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card Rita! I love the nautical theme and colours! That life ring is perfect! Love your colouring!!! Definitely think you nailed the square card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Rita! I absolutely LOVE this card with it's nautical theme and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY!!! A square card. All mine are this size for exactly the reason you gave, lol. Such a fun set of elements on this one! Awesome coloring as always.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love the look of this fun card.
    Adorable little person too...glad she is doing well at school. Play is learning and so glad she is progressing....it's so exciting to watch that happen.
    TFS,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)