Friday, July 8, 2016

Freshly Made Skies


One of these days I might get my act together.  lol  I managed to get my Freshly Made Sketches card made in time this week, but I forgot to do my blog post!  Things have been so crazy since we returned from vacation and I am just a mess!   Jen T. challenged us with an awesome sketch this week and I enjoyed making this card so much.  I had to change the sketch to fit what I have since I own ZERO ovals.  Am I the only one without anything oval???  Surely not!

Laila started school this week and I had a crafty friend come spend a few days visiting.  It was great!   I got some adult time and Laila was able to spend time with other kids and the best teacher we could have asked for.  We are hoping to follow this teacher to her new job this fall, so keep your fingers crossed.  The only down part is that she does think we need to explore further testing with the pediatrician.  She sees some autistic traits in Laila, so we want to make sure there's not something going on there that we need to be working on.  But, better to know and get help started early, right? 


8 comments:

  1. What?!? No ovals?!? Sounds like a great excuse to go shopping. With that cool background you've made and the beautifully colored kite, no one will notice you didn't use an oval. Cute card, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is nothing but fantastic ! I love your vellum puffy clouds and this cute kite ... Best friends ever in that gorgeous sky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any ovals either, but I do think I need to put them on my list - they do look quite classy on cards. I love this though - the background is perfect. Glad you and Laila managed to have fun this week! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There you go again with the awesome backgrounds a-la Tim Holtz! The vellum clouds and sequins are genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Love that background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are definitely tim's star pupil! That background is fabulous and the light blue kite perfect against it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is wonderful, Rita! I love the background and the vellum clouds are perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)