Monday, July 4, 2016

Pet Sympathy


Oh WOW!  I didn't realize it had been so long since my last post.  We went out of town to visit my family in Kentucky last month and I was so busy before we left.  We got back on the 30th, but it's been crazy since.  I managed to make a couple cards yesterday and I thought I'd share one.  The other is my Freshly Made Sketches card, so you'll see it Wednesday.  

One of my high school friends recently lost his dog so I made a card to send to him and his family.  I know they've been dreading the day they had to say goodbye so much.  I kept it super simple in shades of white and gray.  I won't tell you how many times I smudged the white, but I think I finally got it.

Laila had such a fun time in Kentucky.  She was attached to my brother at the hip which was so funny.  She got to have a birthday party with lots of new cousins, go fishing, ride a bike, play at the park, and snuggle a lot with her grammy and pap.   :)






2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you both had a good time. She looks happy and enjoying it all in the photos which is lovely. Your card is perfect for the occasion. Just simple and very effective with that little red heart. Hope they're coping better. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolutely perfect pet sympathy card - so subtle and the little heart says it all!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)