Saturday, August 6, 2016

DTGD 2016 Two More



Ice cream!  It's so hot in Texas so ice cream sounds great to me.  I went a bit more grown up with my icy treat today and a frappuccino with an added espresso shot.  You'd think it would have me a bit more awake after that!  lol   Anyway, this is another card for the Dare to Get Dirty challenges.  I love this cute ice cream set from Simon Says Stamp.   I was feeling orange today, so I went monochromatic and did some shades of orange.  I like it!

Stamps:  Simon Says Stamp Ice Cream Dream, Stampin' Up! Happiest Birthday Wishes
Ink:  Memento black, Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Stampin' Up! Pumpkin Pie
Dies/Etc:  MFT Stitched Mini Scallop Circle dies, Wink of Stella
Copics:  YR01, YR01, YR04, YR07, YR09, E33, E35, E37


And my second project is using a favorite set, Neat & Tangled Origami Map!  I love the fun geometrics of it and it's even more fun to use now that I have the matching die.  If you get this set, grab that at the same time.  You won't regret that.  I used my distress inks again to make some fun backgrounds.  I stamped and cut out the map after I made the green background.  It was way easier that way!

Stamps:  Neat & Tangled Origami Map
Paper:  Canson 140lb Cold Press watercolor paper, Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Distress inks:  Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Mermaid Lagoon, Ranger Archival
Dies:  MFT Blueprints 22


Laila has been having a blast learning geography with her USA puzzle and our new globe.  I recently asked my FB and Instagrm friends if they might be willing to send her a postcard from their state/country so we can make a little scrapbook to go along with our learning.  If any of my blog readers would also like to send one, just email me at kyann22 at yahoo dot com and I'll send you our address!  I can't wait for them to start to arrive.  She loves mail and is always sad when none of it is for her.  Poor dear.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to send Laila a card from Ohio! Send me your address and I'll get something out next week! Love your new header -- I usually read in my email and clicked over to your blog today. Did you design yourself?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)