Thursday, August 11, 2016

MFT Penguins in Paradise


Hello!  How in the world is it Thursday already?   It's been a week here, but I'll get into that at the bottom.  For now I'll start by sharing the one thing I've managed to create.  It's one of those that I did a piece here and there and finally managed to glue it all together today.  lol The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge was "to go wild" and one option was to use a critter.  I had these cute MFT penguins in my stash and hadn't used them, so perfect!

I made the background using Brusho watercolor crystals and man are those fun to use!  The images are colored with Copics.

Stamps: My Favorite Things Penguins in Paradise
Ink:  Memento Black
Paper:  Canson 140lb Colc Press watercolor paper, Neenah 110lb White, Neenal 80lb solar white
Copics:  YR12, YR15, YR18, Y36, Y38, YG11, YG13, YG17, E33, E35, E37, T4, T6, T8
Brusho Crystals Yellow, Orange, and Scarlet
Dies: Sizzix Tim Holtz tag framelits, MFT Blueprints 27

Do you guys like the supply list?  I am trying to remember to leave the stuff on my desk and then blog before I clean up.  I know I get questions sometimes on what I used and I am not usually helpful because I don't remember.  :)

 Monday started off with a trip to the vet.  My oldest sweetie isn't doing so well.  His blookwork only showed an elevated white blood cell count, so he's on antibiotics now.  I think it's something serious though and I'm not sure how long he'll be with us.  His breathing is labored at times and he is not being very social.  He's staying in his cat carrier resting most of the day.   I'm just heartbroken, but he's 14 so I know we've given him a good life, a better one than the dumpster where he started out.
On Tuesday, Laila had a fever and we've been battling since then.  She says her stomach hurts some too, so I don't know what we have going on.  I've just tried to keep her resting and hydrated.  Since she's had two febrile seizures in the past, I'm a nervous wreck about viruses and fevers.  Between checking on her and Bandit, I'im just worn out.  Jason is home now, so I'm sneaking out tonight for dinner and a movie with a friend.

Thank you to everyone who has emailed about sending Laila postcadrs.  I got behind on replying with all the sickness this week, but I'll try to catch up this weekend.  I am going to go shopping for a scrapbook to hold them so she can look at them.  I'm hoping to find some Project Life type pages so she can see both sides!

I'm off to shower and try to wake up.  Sorry for any typos; I don't have my glasses and I'm squinting and typing.  lol Have a great rest of the week!
Rita

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love your sunny Penquin card its fabulous. Hope your little one is on the mend and your cat.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)