Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Freshly Made Poinsettia



Hello! It's back to school week here, so I'm a little behind on making and posting.  I am so excited to be back playing with my friends at Freshly Made Sketches this week.  I took a small break to try and gather myself back together.  I started playing around with the sketch this week to see if I could do it and this is what I got.  I love the sketch and was feeling a bit festive too I guess.  :)  Cindy is the hostess and she always has the best projects.  Be sure to go check out hers and the rest of the teams'.

I still don't own anything oval, so circle it was.  :) 

Stamps:  Stampin' Up! Joyful Christmas, Stampin' Up! Contempo Christmas
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up! Cherry Cobbler
Paper:  Stampin' Up! Thick Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Neenah Solar White
Dies:  Lil' Inker Stitched Rectangles, My Favorite Things Stitched Mini Scallop Circles
Copics:  R35, R35, R39, YG11, YG13, YG17

Laila had her first day of school yesterday and it went great!  She didn't want to leave.  lol  Today she was so excited to go back and asked to leave early even!  Wow! Here's us waiting in the car line for the teachers to come out!  Today was our first time ever doing that and it was easy peasy!  I hope we have found the right fit for her.  Three days a week will do us all good!  :) 



11 comments:

  1. This is one gorgeous flower! Beautiful Christmas card! And I am glad Laila is off to such a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous card! And I'm so pleased Laila is loving the school. It sounds like it will be the perfect fit for you all! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post today! Such an exciting milestone (for Laila as well as her family). My own Granddaughter begins school on September 6th and I think I'm more anxious than she is LOL
    Today's card is stunning - nothing says "Christmas" like a beautiful poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a gorgeous poinsettia! I love that deep red and the beautiful sentiment. So glad to have you back this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, this is so gorgeous, Rita! That poinsettia, with your professional coloring, just jumps off the card. You've created so much dimension. So glad to have you back; I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a beautiful card Rita! That poinsettia is amazing! Your colouring is so fabulous! It's just perfect for Christmas! I'm so glad that Laila's first day at school went well! Hopefully the rest of the year will follow suit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, wow, wow, your poinsettia is so gorgeous! Everyone is looking at that so who cares that your oval is really a circle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a totally stunning Christmas card Rita! It's so rich and so detailed - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card! This gorgeous poinsettia makes a perfect oval ! It's definitely a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Rita! You poinsettia is so rich and dimensional. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your coloring blows me away each and every time. What a stunning card this is!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)