Monday, August 1, 2016

DTGD 2016 Day 3


Back for more cards.  Laila went to school today so I spent the morning stamping!  It was nice and relaxing.  :)   You knew I'd have to pull out the coffee stuff soon and here it is.  :)  I tried Copic no-line coloring which is HARD peole.  H-A-R-D!   I used a set of 5 E40 somethings to get some different, yet cooridanting shades of brown. 



Last week I watched an awesome technique video from Kay Miller and I just had to try it out.  It was so fun! I even made two cards because I had so much fun with it.  I used regular Stampin' Up! inks for the ink, so no special inks required.  The stamps are Hero Arts that I got after the holidays on clearance at Michael's.  I'm glad I picked up those up now!  


And lastly, a bit more fun with distress inks!  So fun.  I loved the idea of a stormy day, so I added some grays to my rainy way.  I have a friend who has been having a tough time, so I made this one with her in mind.  The stamps are from WPlus9. 

And that's all for today.  I don't know how much I'll get done tomorrow.  It is Eli's birthday and I never know how I'll wake up and feel about it.   I can't believe he'd be 8 tomorrow.  

1 comment:

  1. A lovely trio of cards! I love the look of the second with the branches misting into the background!! (Sending belated thoughts and prayers to you.)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)