Thursday, August 4, 2016

DTGD Day I'm So Behind


Okay, honesty here.  I haven't made a card in a very long time that I truly loved and was proud of.  I have been in a major slump and not enjoying stamping that much because I didn't like what I was making.  Now this card?  This card makes me HAPPY!  It's nothing special, but it just makes me happy.  So yay!  This was another DTGD challenge from Splitcoast.  I just got my first set of Verve stamps in today and the sentiment was so perfect.  Isn't that gorgeous?!   LOVE!


This one isn't as fancy as that one, but it also makes me happy.  Why?  It was a technique that was totally out of my comfort zone.  I struggled with it, but I went back and tried again and I did it. That makes me proud of myself.  For those of you who also struggle with depression, you know how failure can feel and how it's hard to get your head back in the game sometimes.  So again, proud of myself for doing it. The stamps in this one are Altenew (flowers) and the Verve set again for the sentiment.

I'm off to clean my desk and see if I have the energy to make another card. I had planned to try to do all the DTGD challenges but that just isn't going to happen.  I hit two rough days and well, that's tough to catch up from!  But at least I did some!  :)

 Enjoy your Friday tomorrow and Happy Almost Weekend!

5 comments:

  1. You have every right to be proud of these cards, Rita. They are stunning! I absolutely adore the background in your first card - perfect blending!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are beautiful, Rita! I always enjoy seeing what you make even if I hardly ever leave comments. I really want to CASE that second one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got yourself back in the game in a big way - these are stunning!! I love the contrast of the rich sponging and the white background waves on the first card. And the neutral coloring on the second card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you are too hard on yourself. The cards are beautiful! I especially like the 2d one. I love the sayings on both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this one with the flowers...love the layout and techniques you used. The important thing is that it made YOU happy! Keep smiling and creating.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)