Sunday, October 9, 2016

Falliday Fest: Thankful Leaf


I'm feeling very thankful today.  My camera and purse arrived safe and sound on Wednesday so I was able to get better pictures for my newest cards.  On top of that, today starts a fun set of October challenges on Splitcoast Stampers called Falliday Fest.  I love crafting with fall supplies, so I'm excited to see all the challenges!  There's also tutorials for new projects as well.  Today's card is for Lydia's challenge to use some fall colors that you'd find in New York, her home state, and include some text.  I don't think if you can see it, but there's some text on the bottom left and the top right side.  Very subtle, but there!

Stamps:  Concord & 9th Lace Leaf
Ink: Distress Inks:  Shabby Shutters Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw, Barn Door, Gathered Twigs, Vintage Photo
Paper:  Stampin' Up! Early Espresso, Neenah Solar White
Other:  My Favorite Things Blueprints 20

I seem to have lost a lot of blog subscribers lately.  I'm going to guess it's from sharing too much about Laila and our current struggles.  I've decided to stop sharing and stick with just cards for now.  I apologize for annoying people.


9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about not posting about Laila. I loved hearing about her and was praying for answers and peace for you. You create beautiful cards and I enjoy those too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't subscribe to any blogs, just keep them in my favorites. I haven't looked at it as much since you stopped using very much Stampin Up. One of the reasons I do keep checking is because of my concern about you and Lalia. She is such a beautiful girl and I hope you find answers for her. I will keep checking in about once a week because I like your style in cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't change your blog and your blog posting I personally love hearing about you and your family, and I love your cards you have such a beautiful style. Chin up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't stop sharing about Laila, I love hearing about her and as someone who has been in your shoes, my heart goes out to you. I think you need to share with others for your own sanity and to possibly get feedback from those of us who have been there. All of you are in my prayers that they will be able to come up with a plan to help her cope with the challenges she faces. I know how hard it is going through it day after day. If you ever want to talk, you have my number, please don't hesitate to call me, I'm here for you Rita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card and will case it! Also, I sincerely hope that you reconsider your decision to eliminate personal updates on your blog. Many of us send love and prayers to your family and appreciate your updates. In addition, I love the pictures of Laila's interests and activities, and was disappointed when her pics became less frequent! However, I respect your decisions. Love to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your decision. I love hearing about Laila and love your pictures and I, too, have been praying for you and thinking about your struggles daily. You have such a great style and I truly enjoy your cards. I'll keep checking just because you are such a creative lady, but I really enjoy the Laila updates. There is an answer and with all the prayers coming your way, I'm certain you will find it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. From the comments already entered, I think a lot of us enjoy hearing about Laila and like to pray for you. Don't stop sharing. Many of us have prayed for all of you and want to continue. And you make pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you are certainly not annoying me! I love hearing about you and your family plus your cards are simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)