Sunday, October 2, 2016

Freshly Made Fall


Oops!  I just realized that I totally forgot to do my Freshly Made Sketches post!  Jen T created a fun sketch and I was able to sit down and make something.  I don't love the result, but I tried!   I love the idea of using a large banner, so I'll definitely try this one again!  The rest of the team did some amazing things, so be sure to go over and check those out.  You still have a little time to play along too.

Isn't that fun?!  I used my much-neglected banner punch board to make my banner.  That made it easy to get the size I wanted.  :)   The leaves and grateful are Concord & 9th dies. 


On Friday we took Laila to a little event to ride Thomas.  It was a four hour drive for a 25 minute train trip, so I don't think we'll be doing that again.  Such a long day!  She seemed very overwhelmed by it all too.   Thursday she was sick with a fever, so I'm hoping it was just that.  She did say she had fun, so I hope that was the case.  This past week was another bad one at school so she won't be going back anymore.  They asked that she not come on Thursday and after hearing the report of the behavior anaylst that observed her and the class, it just doesn't seem like a good fit.  She's already the "bad" kid and they aren't even trying to turn things around.  I figure we have years of this to look forward to because it seems to be the norm for her.  She just can't behave in a classroom. It's very hard to parent a kid like her and we are struggling.  Having no family nearby and no breaks from her make it even more difficult.  Send good thoughts our way as we'll need them.  I'm probably going to have to rehome our dog now because they don't get along and I can't walk the dog when she's home.  Just so much to deal with.  :o(  

On top of everything else, I left my DSLR at the restaurant near the Thomas event.  The manager found my purse and is supposed to be mailing it back to me, but we'll see.  That is crushing as I love my camera.  I don't know how I'll get pictures for my blog now, so it might be a while before you see me post again. 

6 comments:

  1. I love that card - so beautiful and very "fallish"!!
    Laila is such a beautiful child and I'm sorry she's having such a bumpy time growing up. Sending you lots of good thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to know that I'm not the only one who jumps through all the hoops and then forgets to post! Your card is fabulous! I love the Kraft with the indigo. I really love how you did the holes and the twine; it makes it look so much more "finished" if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a lovely card. I love how you works the cuts in the leaves. Such a pretty detail. She is not the only one, you are not the only one. I know it feels like that now but keep asking for help. There IS a place for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Rita! I loved it since the moment I saw it on Instagram :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous color palette! I love these pretty die cuts on the kraft!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)