Sunday, October 30, 2016

Oh Christmas Trees


Happy Sunday.  I can't believe we are almost at the end of October.  It is going to be Thanksgiving and then Christmas before we know it.  I decided I have enough fall/gratitude cards to mail out, so I'm trying to focus a bit on Christmas.  I managed to do another of the Falliday Fest challenges and have one more in progress.  The deadline to upload them is noon tomorrow, so fingers crossed I can finish that last one.

This card was inspired by the challenge all about hard candy Christmas.  My Mamaw always had a jar of the striped hard candy during the holidays.  I remember picking a piece and hoping it was a fruity one and not another mint. lol  The red striped paper along with the added green of the trees reminds me of that candy and my childhood.  Did you eat that too?  I feel like I should look for some to introduce it to Laila.

The stamps and circle die are from Simon Says Stamp and the embossing folder is Stampin' Up!  The trees are Wild Wasabi and Garden Green.  I like using those two greens together.

I think we are going to try and carve up some jack-o-lanterns and then have dinner.  I hope this week is a good one for you!  I will hopefully be back soon with a card using Stampin' Up!'s Santa Stache.  That set cracks me up!  :)


1 comment:

  1. I love how that embossing folder looks like trees fading into a snowy background. Perfect for your trio of trees. Great touch with the heart!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)