Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Freshly Made Mummy


Wednesday can only mean one thing...a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches. I'm the hostess this week and I went for layers adn banners.   I am feeling like Halloween more this week so I used my cute Mummy from My Favorite Things.  I bought it last year but never got to use it.  I tried to make it more general and not just for Halloween and the set has some cute sentiments to help with that.

Isn't that fun?   Now Fall in Texas has the strangest tradition that puzzles most of us transplants.  Homecoming mums.  When you hear mums you think pretty flowers, right?  NO!  Not in Texas.  Here is Laila showing off one of the smaller ones that you can buy pre-made at Michaels.  There are aisles at all the craft stores with the thingamigs you need to make one.  I don't get it.  lol  


10 comments:

  1. So where was I last year when this set was sold? MFT is one of my FAVORITE stamp companies and I missed this. Fabulous card -- I really don't do Halloween, but I would have done this one! And MUMS in Ohio are all the rage for Homecoming. It is the flower that was always sold to give to someone at Homecoming. I don't know why, but I loved them for homecoming -- some people even had faces put on them at the florists when they bought them.

    Have a great day -- sending the best thoughts! And I agree, what a darned cute little dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and I am at a complete loss with the homecoming mum concept. I thought that was for a funeral or a horse or something. Are people expected to wear them to homecoming events?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did homecoming mums when I was in HS 45 years ago, in Ohio. But they were real mums and they had ribbons but not the length and amount like I see now. At our school they put the initials in the center of the mum. We wore them to school and pep rally on the Friday of homecoming week. When I started teaching in Florida, they had mums maybe the first few years I taught but I haven't seen them here in Florida in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm....clearly it has moved from TX to OH but not a thing here I don't think. Funny those big old things! As for that little mummy, too cute. Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo cute! Love your layered sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mummy is adorable! And the sentiment cracks me up. Such a cute card, and I loved working with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute card and after I got over the shock of layers, I really enjoyed working with your sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Rita! That mummy is so sweet and I love that sentiment! Makes me giggle! Thanks for a great sketch this week! I totally don't get the mum thing. We don't even have homecoming in Canada so the giant flowers just seem weird to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome mummy card! What a fantastic sketch! I have no idea what's going on in Texas with the mums. I've never seen anything quite like that before! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with your cute mummy! You chose a fabulous color palette.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)