Sunday, July 8, 2012

DD10: Razzleberry Flower

Being a new mom is tough at times, so I keep trying to fit in some stamping time to give myself a bit of a mental break.  The evenings have been very challenging for sure; what is it that makes babies so fussy around that time? Anyway, tonight I worked on a card for one of my favorite challenges, Dynamic Duos.  I wanted to make a non-embellished card that I could easily mail off to my granny this week.   
I really love the Natural Composition DSP.   It's awesome that you can make it any color you want or leave it in its natural state.  :)   I paired it with the gorgeous Summer Silhouettes stamp set.  Just a simple card, but I hope my granny will like it.  I hear that she shows off and keeps anything I send her, so that makes me feel good that she enjoys my work. 

Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes, Best Yet (retired)
Ink:  Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Paper:  Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Whisper White, Natural Composition DSP, Brights DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponges
Don't ask your husband how much he thinks the baby weighs. lol  I think we were pretty sleep deprived at this point.   :)

9 comments:

  1. Being a mum is tough, especially with a newborn! You have the hormones and lack of sleep on top of everything else! Keep making sure you give yourself some 'you' time. Keep stamping, I am loving seeing your blog pop up in my feed. It is such a sweet surprise each time that you are finding time for you! It looks like you have a very hands on and supportive hubby, so take advantage. I love the shot of little Lila being weighed....hehehe.
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, and so good to see a sample with the Natural Composition DP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your wispy flower on this pretty card Rita! And OH MY GOODNESS look at your wee bundle of love on the scale! Gotta love those hubby/daddies ;) Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty flower Rita, lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest picture I've seen yet! (The baby, I mean, not the card)! I don't have a new baby, but I've put my kittens in the bowl of my kitchen scale a time or two!

    I love what you've been doing with the Natural Composition paper. It's so pretty but never seem to know what to do with it. I've got to remember to get my Rita on and color it! It looks so fabulous when you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colour the paper? Seriously? Wow...I need to get out more! Rita, your card is beautiful and your husband is hilarious! Gotta love sleep deprivation! We miss you at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card, so glad you are finding a little time to stamp! Thanks for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita this is so pretty! I really like how you used both colors on the flower and that DSP is now added to my next order....why have I not ordered it YET?? I'm sure your granny will love the card you created for her. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :) Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so lovely!!! I love the layout and the colors not to mention your background!!!!
    tfs:)
    just have to cased it for my Consider it cased week.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)