Thursday, July 26, 2012

A week?

2012 Create Challenges-027
I can't believe it has been a week since I last stamped and posted!   I did make a Christmas card earlier this week for an upcoming class, but that's it!   Yikes.  My little girl will be a month old tomorrow and I'm amazed at how fast time can go by.  Anyway, I saw this sketch at Create with Connie & Mary and decided to try and fit in some stamping time while Miss Laila napped.  It took me all morning working in little spurts, but I did manage to finish it!  
Isn't that the most adorable spooky stamp???  It is from the upcoming holiday catalog and was the first thing on my list to get!    I just adore it!    I heat embossed it in black and added a bit of spritzing with my black marker.   My spider web embossing is sprayed with my homemade shimmer mist to give it a spooky look; I think you can kinda see it in the picture.   The little rhinestones are from an old holiday mini catalog; you just get so much that it's hard to use it all up before it's no longer current.  I thought they were perfect to accent my sentiment though!

Stamps:  Frightening Feline, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Versamark, Basic Black
Paper:  Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2 die (retired), 3-inch circle die, Tasteful Trim die, Spider Web embossing folder, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Black embossing powder, heat tool, embossing buddy, Black Rhinestones (retired), color spritzer
She's getting so big.  She was 9 pounds 14 ounces at the doctor yesterday and had grown 1.5 inches!  We just love her so much!!!!

15 comments:

  1. OMGosh, she's growing so fast already, Rita!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That's a pic I hadn't seen! Too cute! She's so long:-) Of course you know I love the card and thanks for reminding me it's challenge day at Create with C&M! I love that sketch! HAVE to play today! Mwah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita-

    This is awesome! I just love your stamping style. Congrats on your adorable baby girl:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love this cat! Not quite here in Australia yet but on its way. Yay!

    Great card, and I'm so impressed that you're managing to get some crafting done!

    Miss Laila is growing so quickly - and that will keep happening unfortunately. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rita, she looks so big!! How alert and beautiful! This card is so awesome. I've been saying I don't need that cat but it may just have to come this way. I have a soft heart for a cute, ummm scary, cat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that kitty (I'll send along pics of my own spooky kitties soon). I haven't had a chance to ink it up yet, but I can't wait! I love the cobweb background. Spooky and adorable all at the same time - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops and I forgot to say that Laila is more gorgeous every day. I can't believe she's a month old!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card, Rita! I love that kitty embossed in black and your spritzing is the perfect amount. You inspired me to play along too. And, how precious is Little Laila in her yellow/gray outfit?! Love here bright and happy expression--what a sweetie! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your spooky Halloween card! That cat is adorable! Great idea to add the shimmer mist to the spider web! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    P.S. Miss Laila is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I just had to have that kitty stamp right away, too! Love your adorable card! Your little sweetie is just darling...they grow so quickly and look how alert she is! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. MEOW! Love it! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is just tooo cute! LOVE that little kitty stamp (I do not need this stamp...I do not need this stamp!) Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are making me wish I would have purchased this stamp! Love the black on black and the Rich Razzleberry accents. Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am really not much of a cat person - but I love this cat stamp and have yet to see something I didn't like. I do love animals so I think I better just get it anyway. Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie & Mary! Love your card and what a cute baby girl you have!
    Monika Davis

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful little girl! Love your card, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)