Saturday, July 7, 2012

FMS42: Topsy-Turvy Cake

Last night I started working on a card to play along with my buddies at Freshly Made Sketches.  I finished it this morning, but when I went to stamp the back of it with my personalized stamp, I smudged the Dazzling Details I'd put on the candles.  :(   So...I had to redo the image panel again!   A bit frustrating to say the least.  I used a different sentiment the second time around and I don't like it as much as the first.   I gave up though and decided it is what it is.   I'm just happy to have found some creative time!  
I used my favorite new color combination again.  It is just perfect for masculine/boy cards that are bright and fun!    I think this stamp set is my favorite from the new catalog so far. :)    
I have to share Miss Laila a bit before I go.  :)  I love this onesie but I doubt it is going to fit anymore.  She is almost out of the newborn sizes!  

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Rita, your card is lovely, but the BABY is so gorgeous!! I haven't seen your blog for a few days, so I got to see several pictures of her! Relax and enjoy her! My two youngest granddaughters are now 16 months and 13 months and they just grow up too darn fast! I'm glad you're nursing her - that's an extra-good way to love your baby! My youngest is 29 now and I STILL miss nursing! Okay, maybe that was a little TMI, but it's true!

    Hugs,
    Susan, aka Soozie4Him on SCS
    moot96 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! I completely understand the frustration with smudging...I always do that with the Crystal Effects. Never fails! Lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the baby! She is so precious!!

    Sorry you mussed your card. I know how frustrating that can be. But you should be proud of this one! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a darling little girl! Your card is wonderful. I love those colors together and that fun stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors - love the topsy turvy cake and love that sweet baby face!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet card Rita....and little Miss Laila...adorable ~ thanks for sharing and enjoy your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Rita, just adorable (and your card is fab too!). :-) How big she is getting...oh, I just love it! Glad you had some crafty time and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know whether to talk about the cute card or the cute baby! On the card I see you've done it again cleverly mixing up cool DSP with dry embossing that coordinates so well! I like the image and sentiment despite your dazzling diamonds accident. I had a little mishap myself recently with some of that! and I'm loving the Laila updates and pics! She's such a cutie-pie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rita your card is precious, as is your lovely daughter. So glad that you are finding some time to stamp with a wee one in the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable card, Rita! And of course, little Miss Laila looks as adorable as ever! I wouldn't be able to get any stamping done with Laila!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)