Thursday, July 19, 2012

PP104: Evergreen Tree

What a fun challenge from LeAnne this week at The Paper Players!  When I saw it I immediately thought of this beautiful new stamp set from the holiday catalog, Evergreen.   It has the words from Silent Night in the shape of a tree and is just gorgeous.   I hope that counts as a verse?  :)   Shellie's challenge this month is to use products from a new catalog, so this definitely works for that one too!  
I'm not sure if you can see it very well in the picture, but there's a tree image embossed in Iridescent Ice on top of the words.  It gives a nice sparkle in person and also a bit more shape to the tree.   I am working on my bow skills and I like how this one turned out!   I'll keep practicing and maybe one of these days I'll be able to make some stunning ones like I see on other cards!  

Stamps:  Evergreen
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Versamark
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Festival of Prints DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Cherry Cobbler seam binding
Just like pink, I'm not a big fan of bows.   She's been gifted with quite a few, so we tried one out yesterday so that she could be accessorized for her first trip out.  :)   

8 comments:

  1. Ahhhh....this is lovely. This set is on my wishlist....hopefully next month! LOVE the color you chose, and it is just PERFECT for my "wordsmith" challenge!!! And isn't that wee one just perfect in her bow! You are just going to have to get used to bows!!! I don't "do" hair, but I have been forced to do it occasionally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with this set!! I just got it in my order I received yesterday, cant wait to play around with it.

    This challenge would also be perfect for this weeks challenge over at http://www.jinglebellesrock.blogspot.com , you should check it out.

    I love seeing the pics of Miss Laila, she is sooooooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The card is gorgeous and the bow...since I'm (nearly) hopeless at tying a bow I'm super-envious that you tied this one and claimed that you are working on your bow-making skills! I think you're done working on them - LOL!

    And of course I love that little bow on Laila's crochet cap. She's stylin' for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made a great bow!!! I find it difficult too to make bows. I love your clean and simple card and you did a wonderful job making the sentiment really stand out. Your baby girl is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card love both bows Laila looks oh so cute with hers Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK... so im starting with Laila.... I LOVE the bow... I love that she's all decked out :-) Looking at that pic just makes me smile.
    Now.... the card is fabulous. I love the fact that you kept a monochromatic color scheme. Gorgeous... Laila, too!
    So glad you joined the Paper Players this week.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personally I love the bows...but you know that:-) The bows are totally pageant mom!!!!;-) And this card is STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)