Friday, July 6, 2012

DD9: Crumb Cake Plus!

Good morning!   Up a little early this morning, so I thought I'd finish and post the card I started working on last night.   My parents left to go back home today so Mom had lots of Laila time yesterday.  I took advantage of that and headed into my craft room for some stamping time.    I had a pretty weepy day on Wednesday so I know it's important for me to try and get my "therapy" started back up.   :)   I wanted to play along with the challenge from Dynamic Duos this week.   I totally missed the deadline to submit it for the challenge, but it was fun to make anyway.   
I used a mix of old and new products on this one.   My sweet friend Marla was kind enough to gift me her Inspired by Nature stamp set and I just had to use it.   It was always a favorite of mine but I never did buy it for some reason.   I don't know why I love cone flowers so much, but I find myself drawn to this stamp set and the actual flowers themselves when we visit the local arboretum.  I also used a new stamp set, the gorgeous Papillon Potpourri.   I just love those butterflies!   What do you think about Crumb Cake paired with Island Indigo?   I like it, but Island Indigo is one of my favorite SU colors.   I also tried out the new piercing products and I have to say, GET IT!   I can see that quickly becoming a favorite set of tools.

Stamps:  Inspired by Nature (retired), Papillon Potpourri, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Island Indigo
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Island Indigo, Whisper White, 2011-2013 In Color DSP stack, Neutrals DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2 die (retired), 3-inch circle die, Finishing Touches Edgelit, 2 1/2 circle punch, Modern Label punch, Word Window punch, Paper Piercing pack w/ mat, Basic Pearls

You know I can't post without sharing a picture of our new bundle of joy.  :)   

10 comments:

  1. I love this color combo, as well as that new edgelit! Very cute....almost as cute as your wee one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Rita...the card and Laila!! :)

    I love Island Indigo, it's such a pretty color and with Crumb Cake it is just gorgeous, great choice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love how you colored the flower. I have the piercing mats on the way to me! Can't wait to use them. Laila is growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to be that flexible!!!

    I am glad you enjoyed the Dynamic Duos challenge - - you have created a lovely card!! Hope you drop by tomorrow for a new challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful baby Liala and a great card just love the colour combo Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crumb Cake and Island Indigo! I'm in love!!!!! This is bold, fun and so gorgeous. I bought the paper piercing pack but haven't use it yet, hopefully I'll give it a try soon.

    I love seeing pictures of beautiful Laila. Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a really satisfying stretch from little Miss Laila. Too sweet.

    Love your card! Island Indigo is one of my faves too and it looks great with the Crumb Cake.

    Looking forward to more Laila piccies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card, may just have to case it! You do such beautiful work. Also love the picy of your little girl. Congatulations on her safe arrival. Enjoy her and your crafting time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at your sweet baby. Love your card, oh piercing will have to have a try at that. Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this color pairing is awesome!! What a pretty card. You know what? This stamp inspired me to plant coneflowers a few years ago and now I have them in my front and back yards. What a fun picture of Laila!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)