Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dynamic Dirty Cards

This week I'm trying to fit in some of the awesome Dare to Get Dirty challenges on Splitcoaststampers.   It's a fun set of challenges for people who are members of the Fan Club there.   I've been using that website since I first started making cards and LOVE it.  It's a great way to look at card samples sorted by the stamp sets you own!
Here's my card for the first challenge.  It was a tough one, but I kinda like how it turned out!

Stamps:  Papillon Potpourri, Butterfly Prints (retired)
Ink:  Staz On Black, Versamark
Paper:  Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Labels Collection Framelits, Stripes embossing folder, Elegant Butterfly punch, Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack, Heat Tool, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Embossing Buddy, Simply Scored w/ diagonal insert, Basic Pearls
For my second card I combined two challenges, the second Dare to Get Dirty challenge with the colors from Dynamic Duos.   I was making this at midnight last night while my blueberry cheesecake bars (Pinterest recipe) were baking.  :)   It's a simple, but still gorgeous card I think. I love the new ink pads because it really gives some amazing coverage and color to the image! 


Stamps:  Lovely as a Tree, Netting background
Ink:  Early Espresso
Paper: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Neutrals DSP stack

We had Laila's one month pictures made last week so I thought I'd share one of the sneak peeks we got to see.  Such a little cutie!  

10 comments:

  1. Your cards are so pretty Rita, love the polka dots with that fabulous pine tree, Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

    And your sweet baby girl...PRECIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these cards (and I am definitely wanting a piece of the blueberry cheesecake bars!). So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Rita! I love the combo of diagonal embossed lines with the stripes EF. Very cool look. And as always the Lovely as a Tree card looks terrific. I'm almost embarrassed to say that I JUST got that stamp set!

    But I can't go without saying something about your little sweet pea. She's so precious and that picture is worth way more than a thousand words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards, Rita! You never disappoint! And Laila's one month pictures are fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards! Both are so elegant and classy! love them! And I am kinda sweet on that baby girl as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such as classic card for Dynamic Duos but that gorgeous photo of your daughter was a huge distraction and she stole the 'show'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn girl! That card is awesome!!! Love the pic of Laila, too!

    xo B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, look at this "two-fer" of stampy awesomeness, Rita! Both of your cards are gorgeous. But lets discuss those blueberry cheesecake bars. Just kidding...well, not really! Lol! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos with your neutral tree card, too! You always rock that set, girl. I still have the card you sent me with the autumn colors. Love it! Have a super day! Smooches for Miss L! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your samples, Rita! Both are so elegant and I love the white on white best. The tree in browns is SO STRIKING and simply beautiful too.

    As for, Laila --
    Give her a KISS for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful cards, Rita!
    Each one is simply gorgeous. The tree in neutral is striking and a great idea!
    Kisses for you beautiful Laila -
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)