Monday, February 13, 2012

Double the Challenge


Today I decided to work on the idea for Just Add Ink that I didn't have time to finish on Saturday.  After seeing this week's Mojo Monday sketch, I did change up things a bit.   I thought it was a neat sketch and lent itself to a more clean-and-simple card which is what I had time to make.  :)  


I chose primary colors for my card since it is meant for a teacher thank you card.  I added in a few other elements like the School Lines stamp and the spiral order punch.  Those both work perfectly with the school boy from Greeting Card Kids.   I stamped him on a scrap of Whisper White and then colored and cut him out.   He is popped up on dimensionals and stands out quite nicely.   :)    I will say that it is not a card that I'd normally make, but working outside our comfort zones is what makes us better stampers, right? 

Stamps: Thank You Kindly, Greeting Card Kids, School Lines
Ink:  Real Red, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede, Blush Blossom
Paper:  Real Red, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Brights DSP stack, Whisper White
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Stripes and Houndstooth embossing folders, Labels framelits, scallop circle punch, spiral border punch, blender pen

8 comments:

  1. Love your card - the colours, textures and your colouring of the image are all fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely clean and simple card Rita (LOL!)
    Love that you used primary colours - they're just perfect for this challenge.
    Beautifully coloured and cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card. I like the jotter paper. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this little guy. So cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card and I love the use of the primary colours! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Rita. Love the use of the bright primary colours and the image is just perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Rita! Love the Mojo sketch with the colours you've used - they really work well together. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Rita and totally love how bright and cheery it is! Thanks for playing along with us at JAI this week!
    Delys

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)