Friday, February 17, 2012

FM46: Vintage Flowers

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project using the "Sketch".
  2. Or Make a "Shabby Chic / Vintageproject.
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Shabby Chic/Vintage project using the Sketch".


The challenge at the Friday Mashup was quite a challenge for me.   While I love the look of shabby chic, I have no idea how to pull off that style.  I try my hand at it every now and then, but I'm just not a frilly kind of girl and struggle to make it work.   

As I was looking for an idea, I remembered the one stamp from Apothecary Art that I said I'd probably never use.  Flowers are vintage, right?   I also pulled out my stash of retired DSP and found one that I thought looked like wallpaper (which I always equate with vintage!).   I think it is from a pack called Porcelain Prints.  No idea what year that's from, but it is old (aka vintage!).   :)  It took me forever to color the image, but I think it turned out okay.   I stamped the sentiment crooked after all that work, so there's a nice cover-up layer...or two...on there.  

I hope you'll come play along with us this week!  Don't forget that we also have the Fan Favorite challenge going on as well.   You can submit your idea for a mashup challenge and maybe we'll be playing your challenge soon!

8 comments:

  1. Oh Rita, you make me smile. Your card is a gorgeous vintage style, all it takes is a bit of sponging and an 'aged' look.

    All those blue flowers look amazing. Love it!

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fantastic job with the vintage look Rita! I really love the colors you used, the blue is just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vintage wallpaper DSP (I think the same whenever I see it) and then running it through the embossing folder? Even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what's funny? That stamp was the reason I bought the set. Once it arrived I was so intimidated by it because of all the coloring that was involved. Eeek! I absuloutely LOVE the color combo you used and the butterflies are such pretty accents. Gorgeous, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS!!! I love how you used the colors with that image. This is a set I didn't get but I've seen a lot of people making some pretty stuff with it. I might need to reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita, this is gorgeous!! I chickened out of ordering this stamp swt...but I am tempted now! Your colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)