Wednesday, February 8, 2012

FMS21: Rock On!


It's time for another fun sketch challenge from Freshly Made Sketches!  We had an amazing 75 entries last week!   I can't to see how many beautiful creations we get to see this week.  I am happy to say that I had a fun time creating my card for this challenge.   Yay!   It's the first time in a while that I've enjoyed stamping.    I think that was due in part to Lesley's great sketch, so thanks my friend.  


Isn't this a fun card?  I sell my cards locally in a children's consignment shop, so I try to keep some child and teen birthday cards in stock.    I think Grunge Rock is a perfect teen stamp set and one that I also LOVE using.   It is strange because it isn't my style at all, but I just adore it!   I am thankful that Stampin' Up! put it on sale and tempted me to buy it.  :)   I've definitely gotten some use out of it.  I also used some of the hostess designer paper that I've had for a while.  It is gorgeous paper and perfect for girly cards.  

Stamps:  Grunge Rock, July the Fourth
Ink:  Melon Mambo, Concord Crush
Paper:  Melon Mambo, Concord Crush, Whisper White, Cheerful Treat Hostess DSP
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Scallop Circles #2 die, 3 inch circle die, Basic Rhinestones


Before I sign off, I thought I'd share these adorable Valentine's towels that my club hostess brought me last month.  I love my ladies, so it made me tear up a bit when she gave them to me and thanked me for being a wonderful demonstrator.   I waited a long time to get enough customers to get a club together but they made it well worth the wait.   They get along so well and our meetings are always full of fun...and eating.  :)  

9 comments:

  1. Great card Rita!
    You use this set so well!
    I think Laila is going to be a grunge rock girl like her Aunty Kathy. LOL

    And wait! I just realised you used pink when you didn't need to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock Rita! This is so bright and beautiful! love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stamp set!!! what a great teen card for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy you had fun crafting Rita! Your card is awesome! I showed it to Corey last night and he said, Why don't you have that guitar stamp? LOL! I can get shopping now right? Love that your ladies brought you tea towels, they are darling!
    Hugs,
    Me
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rockin' card, Rita! Hmmm, maybe we should start calling you "Rockin' Rita", since you requested that name change. Lol! Awesome color combo and you create fantastic cards with this set every time you use it. You are the reason...AHEM, enabler...that made me buy this stamp set. Those towels are adorable, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card Rita ... it's bright, funky and definitely teen ... the colours are fab too ... you should do more of these, you've definitely got a knack for them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card definitely "rocks"!! Yea for your club...how smart they are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards. Love both of the Grunge Rock designs.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)