Wednesday, February 1, 2012

FMS20: Pink Flower


I can't believe we are on sketch #20 at Freshly Made Sketches!   It feels like we started the challenges just yesterday.  Lesley is our hostess this week and challenged us for sure!   It took me a long time and a lot of tears to get my card made this week.   I have really been struggling creatively and have wanted to lock the door on my stamp room and never go back in lately.   I hope that feeling goes away soon as stamping is supposed to be fun, right?!  

Anyway, here is what I came up with this week:


I decided to try and make an A2 card with the sketch as I don't own any long, skinny envelopes.  Maybe that was my first mistake?   The second was using Regal Rose.   I told you guys that I don't like pink and I wasn't kidding!   It made me SOOO grumpy!!   I am determined to work on the idea for this one again one day as I think it does have potential.  I just need to do something with the vanilla parts of it; perhaps replacing the First Edition paper with plain vanilla card stock that's embossed or something?   We'll see.  For now I'm done thinking about it!

Be sure you got check out the blog and the other design team cards.  They all did a great job and I think you'll find their projects inspiring.  

18 comments:

  1. What are you going on about Rita!!!
    It's gorgeous!
    I love your beautiful pink flower in the embossed frame. Love the dsp and ribbon and pearls too.
    I think you must just have a pink phobia or something. Must look that up and see if there is such a thing.
    It's a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish this was facebook and that I could "like" Kathy's comment. I totally agree with her, your card is gorgeous! That flower is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I despise pink also and gag everytime I use it but I have to agree with Kathy and Lesley, you rocked this card Rita! The flower is SOOO pretty and I think the rest of the elements came together wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita I think you are going to be outnumbered on this one! I love your card. To me it looks like you have creativity in abundance. Love the flower, frame, dsp and the pink! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the card that made you cry? I know that they process was difficult, but the end result is gorgeous! I am always inspired by your talent and creativity. Please don't lock the door on the stamp room. It will be fun again soon- I promise! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep...you are definitely out-voted This is amazing! I knew when I saw it in the DT gallery that I was pinning it! I love that frame inside the frame. I'm not a pink girl either but the black grounds it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. See above..........love it! The framing is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous!!! love everything, the tiny pearls sets it off beautifully! I love the colors and the bow is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Rita...I think you are pulling our legs with all this talk about not liking pink! You used it beautifully on this card! Wow! I love everything about it! The frame, the newsprint, the pearls...all gorgeous!! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is strikingly lovely! My first impression was that I wish I had all that new product to work with, too. I don't use regal rose much either, but it is so pretty hear with the black and newsprint. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is such a cool card, Rita! I am not usually a pink lover, but I LOVE the look of the Regal Rose on this card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's not to like Rita? The colors are gorgeous, your coloring is perfect and the proportions are spot-on! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ditto ... to everything above ... this is pure delight, and I love everything about it ... the PINK, and that gorgeous coloured flower within the embossed frame is just sheer brilliance ... well done Rita, this is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I already told you but I like it:-) Especially the DSP! I need to dust off the rose! No idea when I used it last!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rita, I am soooooooo flattered that you took the time to comment on my blog! I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rita your card is fabulous, you can't tell that you struggled with it at all. The stamp is gorgeous and I love how you backed it. Hope your grump is gone :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rita - this is breathtaking! I love the clean crisp look of your card and the color combination is superb. I never used Regal Rose until recently myself so I can understand your frustrations with that color. LOL But, seriously, this card is gorgeous! I love how you used the framelits with the decorative EF.

    ReplyDelete
  18. honestly i see no mistakes only absolute elegance and gorgeousness

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)