Wednesday, February 22, 2012

FMS23: Soaring Kites


Check out this sketch from the super talented Tui Nathan.   It's a fun week at Freshly Made Sketches for sure.  I hope you'll find time to join us and share your beautiful work with us.  


My card was very much inspired by my sweet friend, Mindy.   She uses Calypso Coral quite a bit and I thought I'd try it as well.   I paired it with Poppy Parade and I do like the result.   I'll just say that I LOVE Send Me Soaring.   In fact, I've tried to talk all my demo friends into getting it ever since we used it at the Regional event last month.   It is just SO FUN!  Who doesn't love kites?  :)   

Stamps: Send Me Soaring
Ink: Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade
Paper:  Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Poppy Parade, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White, Hostess DSP stack (2011, retired)
Tools/Accessories:  Boho Blossoms punch, Itty Bitty Punch pack, blender pen, Brights brads


On another note, look at this adorable outfit I found for Laila!  I love it.  Now I know it has pink in it, but I've decided that I like Melon Mambo pinks, just not a lot of Pretty in Pink pinks. Plus, who can resist brown and pink together, especially when it involves a cute giraffe.  :)   It was nice to take a day off from worrying about something being wrong and just enjoy buying her some cute things.  Our big ultrasound is on Monday, so I hope that will be all good news and we can really start working on her room and relax a little about her being okay.  It is tough being pregnant after a loss like we had.  We are halfway there though and so far, so good.  

11 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable! I love the grass and the flowers along the bottom, what a perfect touch!

    That outfit is sooooo cute! I miss shopping for baby clothes, there are so many neat things out there to get. Cant wait to hear about your ultrasound on Mon and how big that little girl of yours is getting. I cant imagine how nervous you must be. Hang in there ((hugs)) Do I need to post more pictures of Bobby to make you smile? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have one word for this post: CUTENESS! Your card makes me smile and Miss Laila's sassy little outfit is adorable. This is such an awseome sketch and you, my friend are an enabler with this set. I didn't want to love it but after Regionals and your enthusiasm for it...resistance was futile. LOL! Have a happy day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kites are so cute Rita.
    Love the colours you've used too - so bright and happy.
    Your daughter is going to be the best dressed kid around I reckon. You have been buying some gorgeous things for her. I'm glad you're showing us some of your shopping. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I mentioned earlier Rita, your card is fab and i love the stamped scene ... great happy colours!
    Oh my goodness, I looove your sweet lil outfit, brown and pink is super trendy, and yep, I am a lover of the hot pinks rather than the soft pinks.
    Can;t wait to more of your shoppping expeditions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what is cuter - the card or the outfit! Either way that just means you have great style my friend!~

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really is such fun. I have held off on this set because I have the balloons but I may need to reconsider. Love the Melon Mambo with the browns (and I am not a pink girl either).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you already know I LOVE this card but I need to say it again! And you rocked the coral! It's so bright and fun! And the outfit is adorable! I saw it out the other day and totally thought of you...you are coming over to the dark side...or should I say the pink side;-) And I'm keeping you three in my thoughts!!!!

    And Anne Marie is right...resistance was futile;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right - who doesn't love kites? I love how you created a horizon and showed the clouds in the sky. So cute. And speaking of cute, Laila is going to be the cutest kid on the block. Brown and pink totally rocks! Girl power!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute, cute (the card and the outfit)! Laila is a lucky girl to have a mommy with such good taste! Keeping you in my thoughts as the big u/s approaches! Can't wait to see how the little one has grown since the first picture you posted! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sure is a cute outfit! I love looking at girly clothes, as I have three boys. Keep the cards and outfits coming! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Rita! Love those kites and your colour scheme is fantastic@

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)