Monday, August 20, 2012

CAS Paper Players

Clean and simple is an idea I continue to work on, so I thought I'd play along with this fun challenge from Anne Marie at The Paper Players.   I combined it with the CAS challenge today from Splitcoast which is to be inspired by the word school.   Now what I was thinking (and I am going to say I wasn't) picking the image I did, I do not know. Talk about some seriously fussy fussy cutting!  Yikes!    I already struggle with my scissor skills on a normal day, so this was most definitely a challenge.


People always seem to get paper piecing and paper piercing mixed up.  I actually did both on this one, but the piecing happens on the dress, bow, shirt, boy socks, and books.   Those tiny little spaces were awful to cut out let me tell ya!   I kept losing them my desk and was happy when I finally got them all glued down.  I love this color combination so much!  I think my current three favorite SU colors are represented.  :)

Stamps:  Greeting Card Kids, Thank You Kindly (retired)
Ink:  Staz On, Rich Razzleberry plus Crumb Cake, Blush Blossom, and Daffodil Delight markers
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Brights and In Color DSP stacks, Cottage Wall DSP (retired)
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Labels Framelits, Festive Paper Piercing Pack, Paper Snips


One of my favorite pictures from her 1 month photo shoot.  It's hard to believe that she'll be 2 months old next week.  The days are just flying by!  


8 comments:

  1. Very cute card and baby Rita :)
    You did a great job with the paper pieced outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and layout. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colors and wonderful layout. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Rita! She is so beautiful! I've been missing from blog-land for a while now and I just had to come check in here and see some photos of your precious little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the card is super cute! (Sorry, I'm easily distracted by beautiful babies)
    The image is adorable and your coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now don't lie, Rita...we all know that you taught Laila to fussy cut because only her tiny, little hands could have ct those itty-bitty details so perfectly. Lol! You GO girl with your cutting skills. You are a "Paper Snip Ninja" Hiii-ya! Love those rich fall-ish colors, too. Thank you so much for playing along with my challenge this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Rita! You are a paper-piecing maven! What a fabulous little card! This is one of my favorite sets! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so beautiful!!!!!
    and ditto on your precious little gitl!!!!
    tfs:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)