Friday, August 3, 2012

Retro Gratitude

I really loved the sketch at retro sketches this week and wanted to make a card with it even though I knew I wouldn't make the deadline to submit it.   I've been having some serious creativity issues lately so just getting a card completed has been a huge challenge for me.   Eli's birthday was yesterday and Laila has been super fussy for over a week, so I think I'm just mentally exhausted.  It's hard to stamp when your brain is tired and overloaded with other stuff.  :(  But anyway... I DID make something!   I don't know why I wanted to play with fall colors, but that's what I grabbed.   Maybe the hot weather just has me wishing for cooler weather and leaves and all that good stuff.   :)   Fall is by far my favorite season of the year!


I pulled out some of my favorite retired designer paper, Autumn Spice, and the stamp set I got at my first Stampin' Up! event, Day of Gratitude.   It's been ages since I played with this one and I thought it deserved some love.   I love the colors and love the layers.  At first I just had a flat, one color image but decided it needed a little something to make it POP.  I think bringing in the other colors added much more interest and made me like it a bit more.  :)

Stamps:  Day of Gratitude
Ink: More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Early Espresso
Paper:  Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Autumn Spice DSP (retired)
Tools/Accessories:  1 3/4 circle punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Brights brads, Regals buttons, Linen Thread

And as always, Miss Laila:
We had her picture taken with Eli's crab and picture.  It was a bit heartbreaking, but I want her to grow up knowing him and continuing the fight to find a cure for SMA.   August is SMA Awareness Month, so if you don't know anything about it, please take a minute to get informed.  

3 comments:

  1. Go you. I'm so impressed that you managed to stamp with all else going on this week. Great card - hard to think of you wishing away the hot weather as is still very much winter down here in Australia and I so can't wait for spring!

    Love the piccie of Laila with Eli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, the little banners on the right with the button perfect touch. I followed the link to SMA as I had never heard of it. Gorgeous photo of Miss Laila. Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so pretty! I just love the richness of the colors together and that DSP ranks in my top 5 for sure. It's lmost in the ranks with the CB papers, but not quite. Supposed to be 100 degrees here today so I'm with you about this Texas heat! I wish the leaves changed here...instead I think they just spontaneous combust sometime around Octber! Lol! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)