Monday, August 6, 2012

Vintage Purple Flower

Still working on those Dare to Get Dirty challenges!   Laila was up a little after four and I wasn't able to go back to sleep after that.  I decided to just get up and stamp while the house was nice and quiet.  I'm not sure if I do my best work so early in the morning, but it was fun anyway!  I do struggle a bit with vintage, but I decided to try it...with purples!   :)   

I used a new product, the Stampin' Spritzers!  I combined alcohol, Frost White Shimmer Paint, and some Wisteria Wonder reinker and sprayed both the flower and the embossed panel.  It has a nice shimmery look to it that you can't really see in the picture.  I added in lots of distressing and sponging too.  

Stamps:  En Francais, Petite Pairs
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Very Vanilla, First Edition DSP
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Fun Flowers die, Top Note die, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, circle punches, Stampin' Spritzer, Antique Brads, Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon (retired), Cutter Kit (retired), sponges, Color Spritzer

I call this one her Glamour Shot photo.  :)  What she was doing while this one was snapped was most definitely NOT glamorous.  

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! You know I'm a sucker for purple. :)

    Love Laila's glamour shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! You know I'm a sucker for purple. :)

    Love Laila's glamour shot!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)