Thursday, August 30, 2012

Laila's 2nd MDS Page


Okay...being honest here, I suck at scrapbooking.  I actually started paper crafting by scapping my wedding photos, but once I discovered card making I totally quit trying to do scrapbook pages.  I had good intentions of doing a book for Eli but with him being sick it just didn't happen.  I want to do better for Laila, but I know myself and I know I'm not going to do a paper version.   That leaves digital and well, I haven't used MDS as much as I should have to know all the features and tricks.  I can get by, but I'm a novice for sure!   To remedy that, I decided I'd try.   I'm totally intimated with scrapbooking and never know where to start.  My friend Mindy has a Pinterest board with lots of page maps, so I went there today and found this one from  Sketchy Thursdays.  I still wasn't sure about it, but I figured I'd give it a go...


It's not perfect, but I made it all by myself!   I'm a bit proud of it because I normally won't attempt things that I think I'm bad at.  :)   I stuck with the colors and size from yesterday's page in hopes that I might end up with enough pages to make a book!   I'd love to have something to print for both us and my parents for Christmas.   

So anyway, yay me.   I swear if I can do it, you can do it!   Go download that free trial and give it a shot!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Such a fun layout and those colors are fabby together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your thoughts on scrapbooking are exactly the same as mine. I so want to learn MDS and I have given myself a personal challenge to use it more. You should be very proud of this page because it is really something else! And how could you possible go wrong with that sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I feel the same way about scrapbooking. Your sweet Laila page has inspired me. There's alot going on in that sketch and you did an awesome job with it! Yay, Rita! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)