Thursday, August 16, 2012

Nine days?

I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted.  It has been a rough nine days though, so please forgive me.  Laila has been so fussy and such a handful that I've just been exhausted both physically and mentally.  I'm not sure who has cried more, me or her.   The doctor thinks she has reflux and we started some medicine on Tuesday, so we are waiting (and hoping) that she will start feeling better soon.   Thankfully she's been giving us some big smiles which help us cope with the crazy crying spells.   Anyway, upset babies are bad for stamping mojo so I really haven't stamped anything except for the last card for my Christmas card class that is tomorrow.  I thought I'd share that with you and let you know that I'm still alive!


Trying to keep with the simple and easily mailed theme, I put together this card with the Pennant Parade set. I think it is a bit adorable and cute.  Flagged banners seem to be popular right now, so I added in a few of those to keep it trendy.  

Stamps:  Pennant Parade
Ink:  Lucky Limeade, Early Espresso, Real Red
Paper: Lucky Limeade, Real Red, Whisper White, 2011-2013 DSP stack, Brights DSP stack
Tools: Big Shot, Perfect Pennants die, Petite Pennant punch, 1 3/4 circle punch (I think?) 


My sleeping beauty.  Lately she seems to need swaddled to settle down and sleep, but normally she loves to stretch out like this.  Hopefully we get back there soon! 

4 comments:

  1. Such a fun Christmas card, RIta! Love the bright green stripes and the banners. I'm all for cards that are easily mailable and this is so perfect to spread some holiday cheer! Have a good day! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rita the early weeks and months are a trial - so hard to figure out what's going on and fix it. Hang in there, all with right itself soon I'm sure.

    Love your card, nice and bright. So glad you are still managing a little stamping time now and then.

    Get lots of rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sympathize! A fussy baby is exhausting especially since they can't tell you what's wrong! But she's such a little doll and totally worth all the frustration and exhaustion. It will pass...soon I hope! Meanwhile, you've created a lovely simple Christmas card! It's definitely going in my CASE file! Thanks for the inspiration and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how she sleeps with those arms stretched up - so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)