Wednesday, January 23, 2013

FMS70: Spiced Flower

Today at Freshly Made Sketches I am the hostess!   I created this fairly simple sketch with the idea that it would work with a wide range of styles.  Even though I'm in a bit of a clean-and-simple mode, I added in some layers and went more for just clean. 


This card is one of those special cards that was made with someone in mind.  :) A few months ago I received an email in the middle of the night from one of my readers, Andrea.   She noticed that Stampin' Up! had updated the Clearance Rack and that the Spice Cake DSP was on it.  She knew I was hoarding what I had left and wanted to make sure I was able to get some.   Sweet, right?   I wasn't able to order because of bills and holiday spending, but I soon got an email that she was sending a pack my way.  I'm pretty sure I cried a bit.  It's amazing when someone you've never met does something so nice for you and I feel lucky that my blog has brought her and other sweet people like her into my life.  

Andrea says I inspired her to purchase the Fun Flowers die, so I thought it was only fitting that I use it on the card I made for her.  :)   It is probably my favorite die and if you don't have it yet, I'd highly recommend it.  Now that Sale-a-Bration has started, it is the perfect time to get it too!   

And speaking of Sale-a-Bration, I thought I'd share another card made with the one set that I have on hand.  I wanted to have something to link up to still addINKtive's "Spot the Sale-a-Bration stamps".  I loved Annette's color scheme and used it for my card.  I think it is going to be a new favorite for sure.  :)


It's a little different than my sketch, but the idea is still there.  


I love how peaceful she looks in her sleep.  Lately it's the only time she's quiet!  lol   

21 comments:

  1. I love both cards Rita.
    You always do such wonderful things with that flower die but I think this card is one of your best.

    The coffee card is very cute too! It looks great with the new embossing folder and I love the colour combo too.

    Your sketch is a fantastic one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and thoughtful thing for Andrea to do! I LOVE that gesture of kindness :)
    Great cards, and I love that big flower and the sketch! That dsp really is pretty, I agree!
    Thanks too for the kudos to my FMS card last week! You made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow two for the price of one!
    And oh it is fun to see Spice Cake again - love it! Very pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sketch, Rita! I'm just sad I won't be able to participate this week since I'm visiting my parents. I'm sure there will be many, many gorgeous cards to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are so lovely Rita! That Spice Cake DSP is gorgeous! Sorry I missed it! Thanks for the great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sketch Rita! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita, what a super sketch and a beautiful card. I love that paper too so I'm glad one of your sweet followers sent you a pack! Just shows you what nice people populate the paper crafting world!

    Your coffee card is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Rita !! I think I need to dust off my Fun Flowers die !! And I agree, Spice Cake DSP is SO gorgeous ... I am your newest blog follower ... Come over and visit my blog some time if you get the chance !! Have a great day !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super job on both cards Rita. Both of them are gorgeous and I love the story about your generous friend! Thanks for submitting this week at stillADDinktive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both so gorgeous I don't know which one I like more! Ok, I do it's the first one because those colors are FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are wonderful! Great colors and designs. Love the picture of your sweetie pie taking her nap....ahhhhh peaceful face!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry I forgot to say how wonderful it was to have someone send you your favorite DSP and your card is beautiful! Great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are just perfect! What a lovely gift and a perfect way to thank you for all the work you put into your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, these are such pretty cards Rita ....I love the boldness of the flowers, they make such a statement!
    Thank you for a great fun sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your spice cake card caught my eye right away. It's beautiful as is the second card. Thanks for sharing the DSP story- it really is a great world filled with some pretty amazing & generous people!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely CAS sketch and love how you have showcased two very different cards with it. Thanks for making that adorable SAB card and linking it to still addINKtive.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that paper too and was very excited to see it on the clearance rack. I had to get a couple packs! Love the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your wee princess is so pretty Rita, I love seeing the photos you post of her!! Beautiful sketch this week my friend, I love the second card you created, that honeycomb embossing folder is calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is lovely...exactly why you (and I) adore this paper! So awesome of Andrea and I know she will love this! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are so beautiful! Love the colors, you sure know how to make a stunning card! And your little one is so precious :) Thanks for your comment on my blog, meant the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great sketch & fabulous cards, Rita! Love how rich the palette of your latte card is. TFS your sweet creation with us at still addINKtive! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)