Friday, January 4, 2013

PPA150: Valentine Colors

PPA150 Color Challenge

I need to get serious about making those Valentine's, so I decided to work on a challenge card.  I never seem to find time to play along with many challenges these days and I do miss it.   I loved the colors at Pals Paper Arts this week so I combined those with a previous sketch from Mojo Monday


Hopefully it's not TOO dark. It started off that way but I tried adding in some Melon Mambo layers to get more pink in there.   I love that heart embosslit but I always forget to use it.   I definitely need to leave it on my desk so that it gets some use this Valentine's season.   Sounds like Miss Laila is up from her nap, so I'll keep it short today.   Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Laila's outfit matches the colors on your card! Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laila is playing the challenge too! Sweet Valentine - love the striped background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Laila is the winner, she's so cute! I love the triple hearts with the pretty DSP. Thanks for reminding me of that heart embosslit too! We're glad you joined us for the first PPA Challenge of 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVe your card. So much design and texture and enhancements, yet so clean and fresh. Great job! Thanks for sharing with us at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Rita! It does indeed look like we used Laila for our inspiration colors! I love the texture...and it is not too dark at all. The Melon Mambo really "pops"! Thanks for playing with the Pals at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful row of hearts. they really pop in pink against the grey stripe. congrats on being a PPA Challenge Pick!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)