Thursday, January 17, 2013

Trying CAS...


I loved the sketch at Retro Sketches last week but didn't find time to play.  Laila went to bed early tonight so I decided to go straighten up my desk and then try it.   As stampers I feel like we should always be trying to improve or try new things, so I have been inspired by my fellow Freshly Made Sketches designer, Jen Mitchell, to try some white cards.  She is such a talented stamper and I love her work.  I know I won't get to her caliber ever, but I would love to be able to make a decent clean-and-simple card with lots of white.  Uh huh.   So here is attempt #1:


So not great, but it's a start, right?   Jen has been using some fun Washi tape on some of her recent cards and I wanted to play with it too!   I had no idea what it really was, but I managed to get it on my card and didn't tape myself up.   I wish I'd done the piercing AFTER I put the tape down, but I was feeling a bit lazy and didn't start over. I guess I didn't realize it was so transparent.   Lesson learned though!  :)


LOL   Gotta love a messy pea-covered face!  :)   We had a nice day today.   We went to the infant program at the library and she did great.  I hope we can go again, but they always seems to fall during her nap times.   She took an early nap today so we were able to hurry and get ready for it.   I really need more social interaction and it was nice to chat a bit with the mom next to me.  

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'd say you do CAS very well indeed! Creating the bottom "layer" of the card with some paper piercing is inspired genius! And the washi tape looks fantastic with your layered sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I get a "what, what" for some fabby CAS-tastic goodness??? This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)