Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Goodbye Sweet Granny



No new card today.  I just wanted to take a minute to share a story.  My mom called me yesterday morning to tell me that my granny had passed away.  It was a very unexpected call and I'm still in shock.   While we knew she was getting older and having some health issues, we had no idea she would pass away so quickly. These pictures are about a month old now.  When we took them I never thought it would be the last time I would see her.   

If you are wondering why I'm posting on my card blog, it's because my granny loved my cards.  My mom would tell me about how she would be so excited to get one and have to show them to everyone who visited.   Most of my general cards are made with her in mind.  I'm so thankful that I was able to get one in the mail that she received just last week.  That love, that knowing that someone is thinking of you is really the reason we should be doing this.   With all the technology out there, it still doesn't compare to the power of the written word.  Of a lovely handmade card.   Perhaps you have a grandparent or a parent, even a cousin who might like one?   Think about mailing off one today...

The other reason I'm writing is for my mom.  She's been spending a lot of nights with my granny and was there with her yesterday.    She is beyond devastated to say the least. Even worse, today is mom's birthday.   I was hoping maybe some of you might have a card to send mom's way?  A sympathy card, thinking of you card, just something to show up in her mailbox to let her know there's people out there thinking about her.   If you can do that, please email me and I'll send you her address.   

I'm off to hug my girl.   Today is a day when every moment is precious.  

11 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your lost and I am sure it was a blessing to have her as long as you did in your adult life

    I would love to send your mother a card
    Fasloan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss, Rita
    Thinking of you
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing today. Huge reminder about that the important things are people. Going to get some cards mailed today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My deepest sympathies, Rita. It is never easy to lose a loved one, especially unexpected. Cherish your memories and hold them close. May the Good Shepherd be with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita,
    It's great that you and Laila were able to spend time with your granny, and have pictures too that Laila will be able to cherish when she grows up.
    Please send me your mom's addy. I would love to send a card to her.
    stampinutah@gmail.com
    Sincerely,
    Margot (utahrose)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita, I'm so sorry for your loss. You and Laila will cherish the photo with your mom and granny. What a special memento of a special woman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita, so sorry for your family's loss. May you find peace and comfort in the love and fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I am sure this is hard on you and your mom both. Your Granny's memory will live on in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for your loss Rita. Grannys are very special people, mine has been gone for a number of years now but I still miss her. I'm so glad your granny was able to spend time with you and Laila. That picture is one to cherish forever. I will email you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear of your loss and so excited to see that she loved receiving your cards. I would love to send some love to you and your mom. Love, Stephanie
    I enjoy seeing your cards myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rita, I am just seeing this. I am sorry to hear about your Grandma. My Grandma passed in early April so I am right there with you. When I read about Laila sitting on her lap so contently, it reminded me of Hannah sitting on my Grandma's lap just the same way. The little girls just knew their great Grandma's were good people to be around. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)