Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Stampin' Up! Too Kind for FMS

I'm totally running behind this week, but I did manage to make a card for Freshly Made Sketches.  Jen B. had a fabulous sketch for us and I figured I might as well try.  I'm not sure how great I stamp with only a few hours of sleep, but it's still better than the cards I made when I first started stamping.  lol   I was intrigued with the colors at Hand Stamped Sentiments, so I tried using those for my card.  I am struggling with Baked Brown Sugar a lot!   I don't know why I always end up using Too Kind for my cards, but it just always seems to work.  It's a fabulous set! 
Stamps:  Too Kind, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Baked Brown Sugar, Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green
Paper:  Baked Brown Sugar, Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White, In Colors DSP stack
Accessories:  Whisper White 1/4 stitched grosgrain ribbon


I don't have a new picture of Laila for today, but I thought I'd share the awful cake I made at my second Wilton class last night.  It's definitely another hobby that requires A LOT of practice!  I was going to skip the class because I was so tired, so I guess a cake that I'm not face down asleep in is a accomplishment.  ;)

16 comments:

  1. I struggle with Brown Sugar as well - but you worked it! Pretty card! That is a great set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shells are looking great on the cake!! And yes, best that you were still awake while decorating it, lol! I love this card. The colors really are pretty together! That flower is always perfect when you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Raspberry Ripple and Brown Sugar together as the primary colors with just a hint of the Gumball Green as it gives your card a very rich look. Your mix of pattern, texture, stamping, and ribbon is fabulous. Thanks for joining our color challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. While your cake is no where near as cute as Laila, it's way better than my best-ever cake! Don't be too hard on yourself, it's only your second class - can't wait to see your 'graduation project'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors Rita! And that stamp set looks to be a great go-to set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that Baked Brown Sugar is not getting a bad rap like Summer Starfruit! I think it looks pretty good on your card. Especially with that fabbo stamp set.

    And I think the happy face cake is pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you were able to find the time to stamp after all! You are the main reason why I had to get this set, and now my cards with it never look as good as yours. I think this set was made for you! Beautiful card, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's cute! And the cake too! Way better than I could do :-) Thanks for playing with us at HSS!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card Rita! The colours are fabulous!!! Love those flowers and I regret that I don't own them!!! I love your cake...mainly because I just love cake!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very Pretty!!! Great use of the dsp!!! Beautiful flower!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Pretty!!! Great use of the dsp!!! Beautiful flower!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, the cake is adorable and looks yummy! Now I need some cake! Love your card, and great use of the color!! I love the patterned paper with the mix of polka dots! Thanks for joining us at HSS!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As far as I'm concerned, you can keep using Too Kind as often as you want. No one does it as well as you do. Your combination of colors is always perfect to make the flowers beautiful. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card! You have made the color combo look so elegant and warm. And your cake looks fun and yummy! I'd love to be able to make those gorgeous basket weave cakes! Thanks for playing at HSS! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a great job of pulling these colors together in such a pretty card! Thanks for sharing this week at HSS!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)