Wednesday, September 25, 2013

This card brought to you by....


...CODEINE! Allisa, who I think is awesomesauce, created this fabulous sketch for us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.   I have been feeling like death since late last week, so I haven't stamped at all.  I wasn't sure I'd even try to participate this week.  After taking my cough syrup last night, the idea for this card came to me.  I figured I'd go give it a shot and see if it turned out.   


One of my favorite contraband (or non-SU) items is my set of star framelits.  I love how easy the framelits are to use.  I really need to get the magnetic platform soon to make them even easier!  The Night of Navy designer paper was from the Clearance Rack.  I needed more DSP so bad!  (Seriously, I am going to be on Hoarders soon!)

Stamps:  Sweet Essentials
Ink: Night of Navy
Paper: Night of Navy, Silver, Whisper White, Regals DSP stack (retired)
Tools:  Star framelits (Sizzix), Merry Minis punch pack
Accessories:  Basic Rhinestones


The owl obsession continues... She was actually sick for a few days last week and still has a bit of a cough at night.  I seem to have got the worst of it though and can't seem to feel any better, even after five days of it.  Jason has been taking good care of us both.  I hope I can manage okay when he goes back to work Thursday.   I barely made it through Saturday; thankfully we had some new toys in the closet that kept her occupied.   

7 comments:

  1. Lovin' those stars! Pretty holiday card! He you are feeling better! Nothing worse than coughing all the tme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like that nasty bronch-flu (my word) that's going around. I have friends all over the States and Canada being brought low by this bug. Take it easy (well, as easy as you can!) and know that recovery will take a while.

    Love the card. Those star framelits look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta get me some of that codeine if this is what it does to the old mojo! A fantastic starry creation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the navy and silver! And the stars are fabulous! I hope you are feeling better quickly! I got my flu shot today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Rita this card is gorgeous! I love it....those stars are fabulous! Love that for the holidays! Of course the pictures of Laila are heart melting! Hope you are all feeling better soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those stars too! Hope you're feeling a wee bit better. I know I had something last year that lasted....well, I won't tell you how long it lasted! But hopefully yours will be gone soon!! Cassidy has a little cough too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I think I need some of that cough syrup, because this card is pure genius! I love how you used the sketch and this card is just perfect in every way.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)