Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Stampin' Up! Hardwood for FMS

 
I'm the hostess with definitely NOT the mostest this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  I was totally thinking sunflower and then I saw the inspiration photo at Fusion and went a different direction.  I think it would have been prettier in browns and yellows now that I look at it.  Hindsight, right?!  lol I do love the new Hardwood background.  It's one of the best stamps we've ever had I think. 
 
I am really looking forward to seeing the entries this week.  I just love cards with banners!
 
Stamps:  Hardwood
Ink:  Smoky Slate
Paper:  Basic Gray, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, Whisper White, Old Olive
Accessories:  Glimmer brads
Tools:  Silhouette Cameo, Big Shot, Decorative Dots TIEF (SAB)
 


 
She looks happy here, huh?  lol  I guess she really likes pasta!   We did have a great day on Monday, but yesterday not so much.   I don't know if it was me in a bad mood or her being more difficult than usual, but it was rough.  Tomorrow she has her 18 month checkup and Bandit goes for his test.  It is just one of those weeks.  You know those weeks where you really, really wished you liked wine.  Ha!

19 comments:

  1. Love the sketch... love your card Rita!
    Laila is so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow! This card and that fabulous flower are totally stunning. You are creating the most gorgeous cards Rita! ps. LOVE the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it just the way it is...it is stunning! And yes, I think I need that BG stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, this card really is more fabulous than you may be thinking, so please be at ease. I know I don't have to but I'm wanna confess, came to your blog for the crafting and got hooked on Laila. Love your snippets of life with Laila.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I think you hit the mark. The flower pops off that background and looks great! I'm so glad I bought Hardwood! I hope to play along this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful sketch and BAM wonderful flower! Love this....my hardwood background stamp just came in the mail this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sketch, Rita and you've completely done it justice with your card. You're right - that Hardwood stamp is fantastic - mine arrived yesterday so hoping to use it on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this flower looks pretty fantastic in these colors. And I love how it looks against the Hardwood background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so pretty Rita, I love your beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sunflower is spectacular! And I love it against the hardwood background. Very fun sketch, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That flower is so gorgeous & I love the background stamp! Cute picture of your adorable little one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Rita

    Oh My goodness - soon as I saw the colors of your (sooo pretty) card, I
    thought of the Fusion Challenge, even tho I arrived here from Freshly Made... So cool how you could make one card to so aptly fit the two!


    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your bright yellow sunflower..it is beautiful. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that big bold bloom ... and the wood grain background is perfect ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful,Rita!!! The big flower is so pretty and i love the background paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, phooey on the hindsight!!! I love that bloom just the way it is...so fresh and clean looking! I really wouldn't change a thing...it's a beauty!!! Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your sunflower just the way it is! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great sketch Rita and I love your card - I think the bold yellow flower looks great against the grey/white hardwood background.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)