Wednesday, June 18, 2014

FMS Hello Gorgeous

It looks like Blogger was up to some shenanigans last night and didn't publish my post.  Here it is now! 


It's Wednesday, which means a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!   Cindy has a super challenging, but fun sketch for us this week.  I enjoyed the bit of match and thinking I had to do to get my panels right for my card.   I kept the rest pretty simple as I made it while Laila was napping and I don't usually have a ton of time to finish cards.  I need to start making them on the weekend so that I don't feel so rushed!


While the sketch is a square card, I went with a regular A2 card.  I never seem to mail the square ones, so I am trying not to make them if possible.    Hopefully Cindy is okay with that.  :)   I think I was the only one who went rouge with a non-square card.  That's me though, the rebel.  Ha!  


I thought I'd share a non-Laila picture with you today.  My mom recently learned to quilt and she decided to make Laila a quilt as her first project.  Here's the result.  I think it looks amazing, especially for a quilting newbie!  I'm so proud of her.  It will be something that Laila can treasure for many years to come.  

10 comments:

  1. I, too, am very impressed with the quilt your mom made! It's beautiful and perfect for a little girl. I am a quilter, too, but have not done so in a long time - too busy making cards, knitting and crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is gorgeous! Love all the little girls in yellow! And your card is sweet! I love that big hello! Such a great die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that quilt is gorgeous! I love that you turned your card into a rectangular card rather than square - it shows the versatility of the sketch. Gorgeous colors and I love that die cut - so much so that I have it myself:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I love this! Clean, simple and hello gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card,Rita!! Love the soft dot pattern and the big hello!! Great color combo!!
    The quilt is amazing...WOW! Hard to believe it was her first one,she did an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that card Rita! That "hello" stands out so nicely! Love the background! Your mom is doing a great job with that quilt! She sure tackled a big project! Brave woman!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you made the sketch work on a regular card size! What a great card! Laila's new quilt is amazing! Tell your mom "great job!" for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Rita, such a pretty card! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so lovely Rita! Love that big sentiment and the sequins are a fab touch! I just love Laila's quilt - your mum did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this one, Rita! Perfect use of the sketch. And such a super quilt!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)