Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Freshly Made 4th of July


It's Wednesday, which means a fun new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Cindy L is our hostess and she has a great sketch this week.  I really enjoyed it and have another idea that I need to work on tomorrow before my brain loses it.  :)    I went patriotic since we are so close to July 4th.   I used a bit of the stuff from June's My Paper Pumpkin Kit.   It's a very simple card, but still fun and festive for the holiday.

See?  Fun sketch!   If you don't like circles, you can change it up like I did.  I do like circles, but I like stars a bit better.   Banners and strips of pretty paper are also a favorite of mine.   Be sure to check out what the rest of the design team made as there are some amazing samples over on the blog!

We were all lazy yesterday and had a pajama day.  I think Laila and I took super long naps.  I guess we are still trying to catch up from the birthday excitement.  

10 comments:

  1. Oh you clever girl.......love how you used the star for your main element! Perfect For July.....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The star looks perfect with this sketch. I love how you've interpreted the sketch - fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A star! That's a perfect alternative to a circle! And I love the stripey background too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card Rita! That star is fabulous!!! So much better than a circle!!!! I didn't even think of a star! Laila is so sweet in her pjs! My boys love PJ day - though they don't happen as often as we would like these days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha! It's from My Paper Pumpkin! Very clever -- and I love how you've used a star for this sketch. Beautifully done, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you used a Star on your card!! Awesome way using this Sketch Rita!! Love the embossed background!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic take on the sketch, Rita! What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, mostly because I'm totally in love with the stars framelits! LOL. Nice job with the sketch~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card--love the patriotic theme and striped background--and even cuter little Laila. I remember those days...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita, so crisp and clean- love that star! TFS:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)