Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Stampin' Up! Zoo Babies


It's Wednesday, so time for a new Freshly Made Sketches challenge!  The queen of layers and fussy cutting, Narelle, is our hostess is week.   She has a fabulous sketch with banners.    I am a bit short on time lately, so I whipped up this card for both the sketch and my stamping event this weekend.  It's nice when you can do that, right?   I might change out the designer paper (DSP) for my event so that the sentiment shows up a bit better.  I love the new set called And Many More.  Do you have it yet?!


Isn't that a fun sketch?   I love it and might even do a second card for my event with it.  :)   Our theme is kids birthday cards and I think that fits perfectly with the banners.  


We took Laila to the park last week and as always, I had to take my camera along.   I was so happy when I looked at my pictures and saw this one.   She's in motion so much now that it's hard to snap a lot of really good shots.  When I do get one, it makes me super happy.  :)    Unfortunately, she's feeling worse now.  I think she might have a summer cold.  Saturday night was rough with coughing and everyone waking up all night.   Yesterday brought sneezing and a runny nose along with no nap.    We are going to be worn out if this is a long lasting thing.  Blah.  It's times like this when I wish my mom was close.    Not having anyone nearby to help gets rough doesn't it? 

10 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Rita! I love that color palette, specifically the blackberry bliss! I have just ordered that paper for myself. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Also, a VERY cute picture of Laila!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute card and those colors look gorgeous together! I hope Laila is feeling better soon - it's so hard when they're sick. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is fantastic! Both because of its colors and fun, kid-friendly design.

    I'm so sorry that Laila has been under the weather. I hope she's better soon and you can all get some rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is darling and I would not change the DSP - your sentiment shows very well! Darling picture of Laila....yes she is at the age of never or rarely sitting still - but you caught her and her sweet face! Take good care...good luck with your class this weekend! Have a better week with Laila feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute as can be! Love the colors and those babies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all can I say how utterly gorgeous your photo of Laila is - hope she's on the mend now. Your card is just the cutest - totally love these colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute card,Rita!! Awesome colors and i love the cute images!! I hope your little one is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Rita! I love those little animals! Super fun colours! Great pictures of Laila! She is adorable! The motion never stops! I find it so hard to get a go picture of the boys now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope Laila is feeling better soon! Super cute card with the sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fabulous, fun and festive card, Rita. I love that DSP and how pulling the colors from it worked so well with the Zoo Babies. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)