Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Stampin' Up! Apple Blossoms


It's time for a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  Woo hoo!  When I saw the sketch, I was a bit afraid.  I started looking over my stamps, saw this cute retired set, and knew it was PERFECT!    I used another color combination from the Color Coach, Pool Party, Crushed Curry, and Old Olive.


Now my first thought was a window.   Then I thought I might stamp a scene and cut it up.   Then I realized I don't have very much mojo this week, so I went for easy and just stamped the simple stems and called it good.  Sometimes easy is best, especially when we are struggling.  

Laila decided to send her daddy a text she typed all by herself.   I'm not sure what she was meaning with the beer and ice cream, but she was a bit out of luck on both counts.   lol   

9 comments:

  1. CUTE~wishing I had that stamp set!!! Perfect for those long panels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative and fun use of the sketch, Rita! I love the stamps for the panels. And I agree about keeping it simple -- it does help when the mojo is not to be found. Love this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These stems ARE perfect for this sketch, Rita, but even more importantly, your color choices make them look awesome. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This stamp set is just perfect for the sketch! Awesome card! And that text….hilarious. What is not to like about beer and ice cream, although generally not together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and pretty interpretation of the sketch! How cute that Laila wants to text already...very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a genius to turn those panels into stamped images - I never thought of that and it looks fantastic! Beer and ice-cream - maybe a beer sundae?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those stamps are perfect for the sketch! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Rita! I love how those stamps work perfectly with the sketch! Love that white background! Laila is hilarious! Jacob sends texts to my mom all the time that look very similar - without the beer and ice cream though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so clever Rita - this is the perfect stamp for this weeks sketch! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)