Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Freshly Made Coffee


It's Freshly Made Sketches Day!   Yay!   Our sketch this week comes from the amazing Cindy L. and she had a fun one.   I had a million (okay, maybe a few really) ideas of what to do with the splatters but ultimately went with my favorite thing, coffee and coffee stains.   Embossing paste and stencils would have been fabulous as well.  I do see now that I forgot to stamp the steam on my cup so that it matched up with the steam image on my card.  It's been a long week already!  lol

See all the possibilities?   I am just loving this sketch so much.  My cup is from Simon Says Stamp, the sentiment from My Favorite Things, and the coffee stains from Bo Bunny.   
I had a horrible headache yesterday so we stayed in and had a pajama day.  It was nice.   We snuggled and watched a few shows, colored, and read books.   

12 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch Rita! Clever idea with the coffee splatter - lol! Hugs, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only you can make coffee stains look so stylish! I adore this card and the bright green cup is fab-u-lous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coffee "stains" look so nice and grungy against the crispness of the green coffee cup. And the "missing" steam didn't register with me until I read your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see any missing steam either. All I could see were some fabbo coffee stains and a great colored coffee cup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Over the top! cute!! I love this card : )

    Hope you are feeling better today!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is fantastic, Rita! Your splatters and stain are so perfect for the sketch! Hope that headache has hit the road and that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another genius design from the amazing Rita Wright. This is so clever. I LOVE the way you used the coffee cup rings and coffee drips for the splatter background suggested by the sketch. Very cool! Great colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love...love this one Rita!! What an awesome idea with the coffee stains..they look amazing and the coloring of your cup is fabulous!!! LOVE it,Rita!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this take on the sketch! Very clever! thanks for the inspiration! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card Rita! Those coffee stains are fabulous!!! It's just such a fun card! Great colouring!!! Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love this card Rita! Coffee is one of my favourite things too - so this card really appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun card! Your background really does look like coffee rings and splotches.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)