Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches Flower


It's Wednesday and I finally got my act together to play along with my Freshly Made Sketches team.  They've been so patient with me and my crazy life and I love them for that.   I know I've said it before, but they really are the best team and more like friends, maybe even sisters.   Jen M. designed our sketch this week and I LOVE it.   I have been in a huge creative funk so I was happy that an idea came to me pretty quickly.  I finally got my hands on this beautiful flower set from Create a Smile stamps and I just had to color it with my Copics. Because it is new and never used, I want to also enter it in the NBUS challenge.  If you have old or new stuff that hasn't had any love, you should totally use it and enter too!  It worked perfectly for the sketch.   I added a little sentiment from Altenew, some sequins, and a simple embossed background.   Easy peasy!  :)


I hope to get back on a better stamping schedule soon.   Sadie is still not feeling well and I'm working on adjusting to my new medicine, but I think we are both on our way to better days.   :o)  She went back to the vet today and we are doing another round of antibiotics.  She still has a cough and a runny nose, but her lungs sounded clear.   The vet thinks it is just an upper respiratory infection now, but still won't rule out distemper completely.   Keep sending good thoughts her way.  

My cats aren't sure about having a dog in the house, but they aren't being too awful about it.   It's an adjustment, but they are doing great so far.   Much better than I thought they would actually.   :)  

My other sweet girl.  Her eyes just kill me!  

15 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love that polka-dotty background with the big ol' bloom screaming HELLO front and center. Your coloring job is lovely! As for your kitty (and you) I hope you're on the mend quickly so you can get back to creating this lovely things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful...as always!! I hope your little doggie gets well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rita! Wonderful getting to know you, dog, cat, and a darling little blue-eyed girl! And a pretty sweet card, too!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that bold flower - beautifully colored! Pretty card, pretty girl and sweet pup! Oh I love to visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...beautiful card,Rita!! I really need this flower stamp from CaS!! Awesome coloring!!!
    I hope Sadie will be better soon!!
    Your daughters eyes are just WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pop of color against the white background and such a beautifully colored flower. Gorgeous card and gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is stunning -- simple but so elegant. Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous card Rita! I love that flower! It's so vibrant and looks amazing against that embossed background! Laila's eyes and that smile definitely are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such good news all around! All the stars are aligned: you feel better and are feeling crafty, Sadie feeling better, cats and dogs getting along, and Laila getting cuter every day. And can I just say that I love how you colored that flower. Boom!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Rita! This flower is striking plus, plus, plus! I am loving the definition you've given it and how it pops off all that white space!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is very pretty! I like the way that flower just pops! Great pics...Hope your Sadie is feeling much better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! I like the polka dot embossed background and the flower is colored perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That beautiful face just tossed any thoughts of your card out of my head, Rita! Those eyes kill me, too! Okay, I scrolled back up to get a closer look at this stunning card that really popped in the gallery!! I would never know looking at this that you were missing any mojo! It is perfection in to me!

    I'm so sorry that with my husband's recovery, I am late in commenting on my NBUS Challenge #5 entries. I do appreciate your playing along! I also wanted to mention that I don't see you in the thumbnails as a follower. I may have just missed you, but if not, I hope you will come back again and join so I can introduce you in my New Friends Corner! Enjoy your day and thank you again! I hope you and kitty are feeling 100% by now! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)