Wednesday, September 16, 2015

You're Spectacular


I'm a bit late with my Freshly Made Sketches post, but I did make a card!  :)  Jen T. made a fabulous sketch that I had to find time to play along with.  Thankfully my card came together quickly and easily.  I love this fun stamp set and coordinating dies from My Favorite Things.  So much fun, especially for folks like me who wear glasses.


I had a bit of fun with my glasses.  I covered them in Crystal Effects and then sprinkled black glitter on top.  They are sparkly and so cool in person!   I love using black and white sometimes for a card, so I stuck with those and only added a couple rhinestones for some bling.  


Yesterday was one heck of a day.   Laila had Mother's Day Out and I was super excited to have some time alone.   I did for a few hours, but then the school called to tell me she had a seizure and I needed to come quickly.   I got there in time to ride with the ambulance to the ER.  It was a febrile seizure and after testing, we still have no idea what caused her to spike a fever so fast.   The doctor said it was probably viral like the last one she had a couple years ago.   We were up and down all night making sure she was okay and she's her usual self today.   It's funny how fast kids bounce back..and how slow adults are to feel like it's all okay again.   

9 comments:

  1. I love these sparkly glasses and the geometric design of this cute card. And I love the way you tilted the focal panel -- look at you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! The glasses are just so retro and cool and I can imagine how sparkly they are in real life. I hope Laila is back to her normal self soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I may have had a pair of specs
    Ike these back in the day! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun Card! Your specs look so real and so stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's definitely excitement of the wrong kind! And I'm amazed you managed to put this card together and share it with us in spite of everything going on. As a fellow spectacle-wearer I would love to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Rita! I love those glasses! They are so fun! Love the black and white together! Very spiffy! Glad Laila is feeling better! What a scary experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card Rita - love that fab die and sentiment combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool, Rita! The sparkly frames with the rhinestone accents are perfect. I'd pick them! Love the black and white theme and that DSP is perfect for this card. I just can't begin to tell you how much I love your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, these glasses! They ARE spectacular!! What a great card. Glad Miss Laila is doing better...what a scare!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)