Saturday, January 7, 2017

Fab Friday 103


My friend Mindy hosts a fun challenge blog called Fab Friday.  I don't get to play along as much as I'd like, but they always have some great sketches and color combinations.  I saw they were back from break this week and decided to play along.  I pulled out this single stamp from Stampin' Up! called Vivid Vases and picked one of my favorite color combinations (who doesn't love gray and yellow?) and went to work.  I even managed to use Washi tape which is another supply I struggle to use.


It's 22 degrees in Texas this morning so I'm wrapping myself in my blanket and hiding out in my warm stamp room.  It is one of the warmest rooms in the house thank goodnesss.  

11 comments:

  1. The weather is so strange lately. Right now its 19 degrees and snowing to beat the band. And by Thursday it's supposed to be 50 and even warmer on Friday. 22 must seem really strange in Texas. :) I LOVE how you've colored these vases. You really know how to do the shading thing! And this is one of my favorite color combos too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the colors and your vases look fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Rita! Best place to keep warm is the stamp room!!! Yes in Texas, winter was held this Friday, Saturday and Sunday - ONLY! Lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous image! Love this color palette too! Another gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rita!
    So glad you snuggled with your blanket in your stamp room and decided to get crafty with us. Love the warm colors and springy flowers on your pretty card. Thanks for playing along at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card Rita! Love all the pretty vases of flowers! So fun and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a great idea to use washi tape for some of our layers - brilliant! You definitely make grey and yellow look GREAT, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely graphic card! The yellow and gray really pop and you took full advantage of the big squares! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so simple and so lovely, friend! I LOVE it so much and I LOVE that you straightened it out ;-) Thanks for playing with us! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita - This is beautiful! I love the black and yellow color scheme and how you've colored these vases. Thank you for playing along with this FabFriday sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay ... I'm smacking self with the old "Should've had a V-8!" over this way cool gray & yellow card with Vivid Vases! Love the varied gray vases!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)