Sunday, July 24, 2011

Paper Players Pinwheels


I took a few liberties with the sketch over at The Paper Players this week.   When I looked at it, pinwheels immediately came to my mind so I went with it.   It was supposed to be a clean-and-simple card, so I tried to leave it that way.  


Stamps: Word Play, Delicate Doilies
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo
Paper: Melon Mambo, Brights DSP Stack
Accessories: Bright Brads, Shimmer Mist (this never seems to show up, but it is sparkly in real life!)
Tools: Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder

9 comments:

  1. Rita! Love the pinwheels! Such a fun accent! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Rita! I love the pinwheels and the texture! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, love how you created so much texture and interest on each layer and yet kept with the CAS theme. The pinwheels are right on trend and a great treatment for the circular elements.
    So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card Rita--love those pinwheels! In fact, check my blog Wednesday for a card inspired by your pinwheels! Love the colors and love your take on our sketch! So glad you could join us at The Paper Players this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, Rita! Actually, I FORGOT it was supposed to be CAS and was just focusing on the sketch itself! Ooops! This is so fun--I have seen lots of pinwheels around lately! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun card, Rita. I love those pinwheels. So much fun! Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow ... what a great take on this weeks sketch ... I love your pinwheels, such a happy and vibrant card!
    Thank you for joining in the fun with us this week at Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rita! This is SO fun! Love the bright colors and those sassy pinwheels! The stamped doiley background is a great touch, too. Thanks so much for joinng us at the Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)