Friday, July 8, 2011

Techniques Class Cards

Embossing is fun, but double embossing is even more fun! Ink up your embossing folder with Versamark, emboss as normal in your Big Shot, and then add your embossing powder and heat. I want to redo this one and use plain card stock and a vintage brad for my flower as I think it would look better that way. 

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Versamark, Basic Black 
Paper: First Edition DSP, Brights Designer Paper stack, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: black embossing powder, Rich Razzleberry ribbon, neutrals jumbo brads
Tools: scallop circle punches, 1/2 inch circle punch, Blossom Petals punch, Big Shot, heat tool, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder


How about a different card fold? This is a pocket fold card and it is super easy to do. I decorated it with all the fun nautical items from the Summer Mini Catalog.

Stamps: The Open Sea, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Naturals White, Not Quite Navy, Nautical Expedition DSP
Tools: circle punches, Dotted Scallop Ribbon border punch, scallop edge border punch

Faux mother-of-pearl is one of my favorite new techniques. I love the aged look that it adds to a card.  Erica's lovely card was the inspiration for this card.   

Stamps: Nature Walk, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Staz on black
Paper: Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, glossy white
Accessories: Frost White Shimmer Paint
Tools: Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, sponges, plastic wrap



And just for fun:  

Here's a card using the fun new set, Button Buddies.   Pardon the crooked image; I was just too excited to get ink on my new toy!

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could come to your techniques class Rita I'm sure it would be lots of fun!
    I especially love the embossing on the first card. I haven't tried that technique yet, your card is gorgeous and has inspired me to give it a go. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Sounds like a fun class! That first card droped my jaw...stunning color combo and I love that embossing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)