Friday, September 28, 2012

FM78: Gently Falling Leaves

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a "Fall Leaves" themed project.
  2. Or Make a project with "Twine".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Fall Leaves Themed project using Twine". 

Isn't this an awesome challenge?   I LOVE Fall and am so happy that it's here.   Well, not really in Texas but I can pretend, right? :)   Lisa, who likes to tease me about their MUCH cooler weather, has presented this fun fall challenge at The Friday Mashup to use fall leaves and/or twine on our cards.   Awesome, right?!  They are two of my favorite things to use on cards so I just loved this challenge!


What do you think?   I have to say, I sort of love it.   The Natural Composition DSP sponged with Early Espresso is my favorite part of the card for sure.  (and just FYI, if you sponge this particular sheet with Cajun Craze, it looks like bacon.   I'll try to post a picture of that fun mistake for you on a another post)  I love the leaves and the button tied with twine too.  Just a fun card and one I really enjoyed making.  I think Gently Falling is one of the best Stampin' Up! sets ever.   

Stamps:  Gently Falling, Day of Gratitude, French Foliage
Ink: Early Espresso, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake
Paper:  Early Espresso, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Natural Composition DSP, Autumn Spice DSP (retired)
Tools/Accessories:  Corner Rounder punch, Regals buttons, Early Espresso Baker's Twine, paper snips, sponges

And speaking of Fall, you know what that means...


Halloween costumes!  This was one of Laila's pictures from her 3 month photo shoot.  Can you believe she turned  3 months yesterday???  Time is just flying by....

10 comments:

  1. This is a great Autumn card Rita. Love the colours you've used and the dsp looks wonderful (should have bought that one).
    I think that is my favourite photo of Laila! You have a lot of cute shots of her but this one is just absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card and anxious to break out my leaves die...but Laila steals the show today. What a cutie! Blessings for a winderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Every time I see one of your cards where you've sponged this paper, I want to go straight to my stamp room and copy it. One time I did and the results were less than spectacular. Even bacon would have been an improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...your Laila sweetie is so cute! Love that costume!!
    Great card Rita, the rich colours and the texture mixed with the striking leaves, all make for one gorgeous card my friend.
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card Rita, I love the DP you used. Your little lady is adorable, what a darling picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me, tease you?? Never ;) hehehehe

    Wonderful card, those leaves are so pretty and the texture is just perfect.

    And Miss Laila, SO adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the choice of background paper - feels very fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love Gently Falling, too, and you did a fabulous job with it. Love Laila's pic too, thanks for sharing!~ Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a beautiful card! And that is the CUTEST baby picture ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you've sponged the Natural Composition dsp Rita! And the added little water spots you've stamped are such a great little touch - perfect card!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)