Friday, September 14, 2012

FM76: Starburst!


It's my turn to host the Friday Mashup challenge this week and I settled on this fun sketch and the starburst technique.   I used this great tutorial to do my card.  I'm thinking challenged lately, so having that tutorial to help my brain sure paid off.  I think having a baby somehow decreases your number of brain cells or something because I'm sure struggling with anything that requires memory or too much thinking.   It's almost scary!  Anyway, here's the Mashup and my card: 

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with the sketch.
  2. Or Make a project with "Starburst technique".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project using the "sketch and starburst technique". 


Yeah, it's that darn cat again!  I just LOVE that thing!    I'm going to be sad when Halloween is over and I have to put him away for the year.  I combined him with the fun Halloween DSP from the holiday catalog.  I love that paper too and was gifted some sheets of it by my friend Mindy.   She's spoiled me with stamping stuff lately!  I really like the combination of Tangerine Tango, Basic Gray, and Basic Black.   

Stamps Frightening Feline, Tiny Tags
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Basic Gray
Paper:  Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Basic Gray, Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP, Very Vanilla
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Spider Web embossing folder, circle dies, Jewelry Tag punch, Basic Black 1/4 grosgrain ribbon, Black Rhinestones (retired), sponges


She just looks too cute in yellow!  

6 comments:

  1. Such an awesome card! That cat is so wicked - thanks for the fun challenge this week, Rita! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that dsp you've used - and that cat is so cute! Thanks for the fun challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a cutie! The card or the baby? Well, both! Loved this challenge, Rita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cat too. Your papers are fab with the stripes going different ways it adds another element to it. What a cutie Laila is, such bright eyes! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card and the challenge Rita! That cat is going on my next order, it is pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita this is so cute!! I love the fun colors you used and that you made it a Halloween card.. My Favorite Time of year!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)