Wednesday, September 19, 2012

FMS53: Festival of Strips


It's Wednesday and time for a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!   Tui really challenged us this week with this sketch.  My tired brain struggled a bit, so I hope my card isn't too bad.  I used a pretty liberal interpretation I guess.  :)


The Festival of Prints designer paper stack in the Holiday Catalog is just perfect for this sketch.  I focused on the Cherry Cobbler and Lucky Limeade prints, but there are a few other color combinations in there that you could use as well.   I've been drinking quite a few pumpkin spice lattes since they arrived back at Starbucks, so I just had to pull out the mug from Scentsational Season and use it.  I'm a total coffee addict and I know I'd love to get a card with a steaming mug of joe on it!  

Stamps:  Scentsational Season
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Lucky Limeade, Very Vanilla, Festival of Prints DSP
Tools/Accessories:  Big Shot, Holiday Collection framelits, 3 inch circle die, Dazzling Details, Basic Rhinestones


Laila is getting so cute, but man is she growing up fast!   She'll be 3 months old next week and that just seems crazy to me.  

19 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Rita!! I love the papers and colors you chose, and the cup is totally you. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Laila is growing so quickly. This is a gorgeous pic.

    Love your card too of course lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think you got this sketch just right! First of all, that cup is the perfect thing for the focal point. Your paper choices are outstanding! Love this one, Rita!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Christmas card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Rita! Love those papers and that image! Laila is beautiful! Yes, they grow up so fast; my baby is now 23 years old. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, Rita. Those strips are outstanding and the cup of cocoa (my interpretation) is adorable. I may have to CASE this one if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita! I love this card!!! I just HAVE to CASE it for Regionals Saturday. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how this turned out! Fab holiday card for sure~! And who is that grown up girl in the picture! Miss Laila is as gorgeous as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your festival of strips is pretty awesome. And now that you've mentioned pumpkin spice lattes, I MUST HAVE ONE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card Rita! I love that DSP and the texture! Also love that the card isn't square!!!! Laila is so beautiful! She has such beautiful eyes! Three months sure has flown by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok, this came out REALLY cute! I think it should be my Christmas card! Ha! I'm actually creating a card right now for the sketch...well, not RIGHT now, as I am distracted by your blog, so I better get cracka' lackin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely awesome, Rita! I love these patterns together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Christmas Card. Laila is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cannot believe how quickly Laila is growing! wonderful card this week Rita, love the colours and the cute mug!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, forget the card. That is the prettiest baby! Laila is absolutely beautiful with those sparkling eyes! I'm so happy for you. Alright, back to the card. Love the colors and the stamp set is showcased perfectly with this sketch! So good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome as always Rita ... I love your festival of strips ... so fresh, vibrant and festive ...
    Your sweet Laila is one little beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Rita! This card is so warm and cozy and I adore your dsp choices. Your little one sure is a cutie-patootie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those christmas papers look fab together and the sketch is perfect for your mug. x

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)