Friday, September 14, 2012

Happy Birthday, Kathy!


I made this card to celebrate the birthday of my sweet friend Kathy.  She was the first demonstrator I really got to know personally and I absolutely LOVE her.  We haven't let the fact that we are in different countries stop us from becoming close friends.  I think she's amazing and super duper talented!   I hope you have a wonderful day my friend!  I wish I was there to celebrate with you!   (If I didn't time this post correctly, it's Jason's fault since he helped me with the time conversion.)   

I used a few challenges for my card, the sketch at Retro Sketches, the colors from The Paper Players, and the challenge of 3 b's from the brand new Black Tie Friday challenge.   I have been struggling with my creativity lately but I hope Kathy will think it's the thought that counts.  :)   

Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes, Papillon Potpourri, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Staz On Black, Basic Gray, Baja Breeze
Paper:  Basic Black, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Neutrals DSP stack
Tools/Accessories:  Basic Black satin ribbon (retired), Basic Pearls

      

12 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, Rita. You never have to worry about your mojo, your cards are always beautiful! Thanks for playing with the PP colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very striking! I wish I was your friend Kathy!! I'd love to get this card in the mail!!! :) Glad you joined the fun this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this, Rita! The baja breeze butterflies are gorgeous and the way you stamped the trellis pattern undertheribbon is GENIUS! Love it all...so glad you joined us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, Love your card, very beautiful. Thanks for playing at Black Tie Firday's! The link is now fixed, you should be able to upload now! Sorry about the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card! very striking and elegant. Thanks for playing on black tie friday's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita, Thank you! My card is beautiful! I can't wait to see it in person, but I love it!
    You are a wonderful friend and I don't know what I'd do without you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card, Rita! I just saw in the comment above that Kathy loves it, too...I knew she would! The blue really pops off of the black. Wowza! Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card, and just perfect for Kathy. Love the colours you've used - great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a stunning card ~ love this colour combo!!! TFS and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Rita, this is one stunning card, our butterflies look amazing in the gray and baja! I always love your work! Sorry for the late comment...life has been crazy as of late!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks so much for stopping by to say hello. :)